TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Factory Tour for Group

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Payday, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Payday

Payday New Member

I am responsible for arranging a group tour(s) for about 50 classmates celebrating a 50 year reunion in late October,2017.
    The factory tour is open to Tesla owners (I am one) but only 3 guests are allowed per owner. I know that group tours are done if you have a contact. I don't have one and have not been able to arrange a group tour through the factory.
    Does anyone know someone that I can contact?
    I think this group of people are ideal prospects for Tesla so I really believe a tour could be a great marketing event for Tesla and my classmates.
    Payday

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

Why don't you use the generic Tesla Contact webpage and it will direct you to the one who coordinates factory tour?

3. Payday

Payday New Member

Been there and done that. No on group tours unless you know someone to pull strings,I guess. Standard reply is tours for owners and 3 guests only

• Informative x 1
  4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Don't mean to be a downer, but it's highly unlikely you're going to get a tour. I'm sure that the demographic fits with Tesla, but so do a lot of other groups or potential owners who aren't able to get a tour.
    That said, good luck :).

• Like x 1
  5. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

r u sure your the only Tesla owner in the group? Reservation holders are also eligible for tours.

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed that isn't true. Model 3 reservation owners are not eligible for tours. (And there are probably not any Model S/X reservations holders left.)

7. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

when we arrived at tour employee said he had to confirm VIN or Res #. We have both. Call and ask

8. Payday

Payday New Member

Thanks for the thoughts. Reservations are not good enough for tours-so i was told by the factory