Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake news for shizzle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article text to avoid more clicks:

Tesla has said before that they are hoping to deliver the first batch of Model 3s before the year ends but this is now looking unlikely to happen. New reports have surfaced online and they are all claiming that the Model 3 is delayed for a year.

The word is that Tesla is struggling in trying to produce the Model 3 in bulk. Parts can get very limited and having 300,000 pre-orders makes it a lot tougher for Tesla.

If news of the delay is true, then the earliest possible date for the Model 3’s debut is towards the end of 2018 next year. This would mean two things. The first is that those that pre-ordered the car will have to wait longer and secondly, they are required to pay more for it.

The Model 3 is targeted to retail right under the $40,000 following rebates and this will change if the delay is true. Come 2018, Tesla will lose out on the rebates program and this will force prices for the Model 3 to spike.

double-facepalm.png

Yeah, when I posted it I was in shock! Now I wish I could change my original message like JonnyG did so folks wouldn't accidentally feed the beast!
If you want to avoid having additional readers clicking on that link, just click the REPORT button on the first post and ask a moderator to remove the link to that article and replace it with a reference to post #4 which contains a transcript of that article.