TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Falcon Wing Door Closes Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by J's X, Nov 29, 2016.

1. J's X

J's X Member

On a number of occasions the doors just come down on their own, causing us sometimes to have to dash out from under or get scrunched. Doesn't feel like they will stop, and no idea why they even do that in the first place. Tesla will look into it but meanwhile I searched a lot of the Forum and can't find other reports. Anyone else?

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Nope. You're the only one having this problem.

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

As the link points out, it's most often caused by the fob being pressed in your pocket. Either wear looser clothing, put the fob on your belt or get a signal proof bag.

4. J's X

J's X Member

I read the posts. All I can say is that I find it hard to believe that using the fob which requires a fairly precisely timed double click to open and lower the doors, and which is somewhat hard to press by hand, can accidentally happen to lower the door. And on the other side, why doesn't it open accidentally for the same reason? Maybe that is it, but then again, maybe not? I'll pay more attention to the possibility though.

5. Phil Seastrand

However, a single click on the top of the fob will close all open doors (and trunk) and lock the vehicle. This is what is happening to people, i.e., in their pants pockets.

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

As was discussed in the other thread, there's a setting in the center console which enables a single click closing all the doors. Try disabling that and then see if your mysterious closings go away.

• Helpful x 1
  7. J's X

J's X Member

Ah, THAT sounds so much more reasonable, as well as a possible solution. Thanks all.