Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door Closes Unexpectedly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a number of occasions the doors just come down on their own, causing us sometimes to have to dash out from under or get scrunched. Doesn't feel like they will stop, and no idea why they even do that in the first place. Tesla will look into it but meanwhile I searched a lot of the Forum and can't find other reports. Anyone else?

On a number of occasions the doors just come down on their own, causing us sometimes to have to dash out from under or get scrunched. Doesn't feel like they will stop, and no idea why they even do that in the first place. Tesla will look into it but meanwhile I searched a lot of the Forum and can't find other reports. Anyone else?
Nope. You're the only one having this problem.

I read the posts. All I can say is that I find it hard to believe that using the fob which requires a fairly precisely timed double click to open and lower the doors, and which is somewhat hard to press by hand, can accidentally happen to lower the door. And on the other side, why doesn't it open accidentally for the same reason? Maybe that is it, but then again, maybe not? I'll pay more attention to the possibility though.

All I can say is that I find it hard to believe that using the fob which requires a fairly precisely timed double click to open and lower the doors, and which is somewhat hard to press by hand, can accidentally happen to lower the door.
However, a single click on the top of the fob will close all open doors (and trunk) and lock the vehicle. This is what is happening to people, i.e., in their pants pockets.

I read the posts. All I can say is that I find it hard to believe that using the fob which requires a fairly precisely timed double click to open and lower the doors, and which is somewhat hard to press by hand, can accidentally happen to lower the door. And on the other side, why doesn't it open accidentally for the same reason? Maybe that is it, but then again, maybe not? I'll pay more attention to the possibility though.

As was discussed in the other thread, there's a setting in the center console which enables a single click closing all the doors. Try disabling that and then see if your mysterious closings go away.

• Helpful
Reactions: bushburner