Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FALSE RUMOR: Founders list might be getting bigger. (GeorgeB responds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from teslamotors.com thread:
Azdcmoney | July 13, 2012

I was told today at my test drive they are still building Foundation Member cars, but Sig numbers as high as 300 are in production.

Sounds like SSL is being worked on now. Oh, and they do have some Founders cars to still deliver.

Maybe a misunderstanding of that sentence (with 200 instead of 300) is exactly where the rumor came from: someone merged the two bits of info:

1. "still building Foundation Member cars"
2. "300 are in production"

into a single bit, thinking it would be 200 (300) founders cars. The rest may have been speculation to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
IMO the whole rumor is total baloney. Here's some things to consider, including a fact or two:

1. Have you all forgotten what GeorgeB said back in January? Model-S-Reservation-and-Delivery-Tally

2. Where does anyone think ~170 additional Founders suddenly came from? All walked in at once?

3. If they were really Founders who had each invested millions early on, that would been $300m? $500m? If there had been an additional half billion dollars in start-up capital, I think someone would have noticed.

4. I was told by Tesla today (directly, not a rumor or third party) that my Sig Special #183 is just about to enter production. I asked about delivery dates but they politely declined saying I would be advised if there was any change.

C'mon people, use your common sense.

Last edited:
Still not acceptable. If Tesla is allowing new orders for Founders series cars, it is just wrong.

I don't understand how they can even be called Founders, if they're just now starting. On the other hand, if they're been very large investors (minimum of tens of thousands of shares) from the beginning maybe it's okay. But still they should have to pay a great deal for stepping in line this late. After all, they would have already made a ton because of the increase in stock prices since the beginning.

Completely inaccurate rumor. We would never do this to those who have supported us as long-term Model S Reservation Holders. Never.

GeorgeB

Thanks for chiming in and shutting this rumor down.

Mods: Can we move this to off topic and change title to 'Disproven Rumor:Founders list might be getting bigger'

Last edited:
GeorgeB saves the day.

I think we really should give Tesla more credit than they get. They do the right thing, and listen to customers more than any company (auto or other) ever has.

Whether its test rides in pre-production cars, tours of the factory, listening to input on options, etc. Who else does this??? I also don't understand the noise about trunk/panel alignment. Elon is such a perfectionist (and it obviously flows down) that he and Tesla will make sure the cars are as perfect as possible before shipping them to customers.

That's the R list, isn't it? With both Roadster owners as well as their friends/family who are getting non-Sig cars. Some of the Rs were asked to configure today including Evan (efusco) who's R77 and not a Roadster owner.
AFAIK, the R list is Roadster owners, family, and friends getting Production models, and the SSL list is the same getting Sigs. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.