Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FALSE RUMOR: Founders list might be getting bigger. (GeorgeB responds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[mod note: updated thread title to reflect that (so far) this is a rumor, before we start having people believing something we don't know to be true. This in no way reflects on the OP, who is simply reporting what was passed on to him. But this has not been confirmed by Tesla. b.]

Good job. I'd change the "apparently getting much bigger day by day" though. I don't think it's apparent at all. "RUMOR: Founders list getting bigger?" would seem appropriate.

This whole thread is how rumors become urban legend and eventually everyone believes it is true. Speculation about stuff is cool, sometimes we come up with really cool ideas. But speculation that can only negatively impact a company? Totally not cool.

My silver lining is that I am hopping these super rich that may or may not be jumping the line will get sick of there car and put them up for sale (preferably performance cars in white or gray with black interiors) and I can get one at a discount.:tongue:

I'm sorry I posted the rumor, but I believe it to be true, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I believe that knowledge is power and this forum is the embodiment of power as it has all the knowledge. And hope we can use it to be constructive.

If it is true, then I'd hope that GB reads it and internalizes that putting "new" Founders cars ahead of SSL's might make good business sense in the short term, but in the long term is really not cool. I could understand the general Production newbs, like me, who didn't purchase Roadsters, but Roadster owners are really the true believers who have driven the dream and put their money in again.

At one point Tesla had a "friends and family" reservation list, I could see that growing. Don't remember where that falls in the sequencing though.

That's the R list, isn't it? With both Roadster owners as well as their friends/family who are getting non-Sig cars. Some of the Rs were asked to configure today including Evan (efusco) who's R77 and not a Roadster owner.

I'm sorry I posted the rumor, but I believe it to be true, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I believe that knowledge is power and this forum is the embodiment of power as it has all the knowledge. And hope we can use it to be constructive.

If it is true, then I'd hope that GB reads it and internalizes that putting "new" Founders cars ahead of SSL's might make good business sense in the short term, but in the long term is really not cool. I could understand the general Production newbs, like me, who didn't purchase Roadsters, but Roadster owners are really the true believers who have driven the dream and put their money in again.

and what if it is not true and a rag like Jalopnik picks it up? "Knowledge is power" means ... what? You think that if it IS true, it's 'really not cool'. Yep. Do you also agree that if it isn't true, that if this fud was put out and is wrong, is that 'really not cool', too?

I'm reacting strongly because, like many other Roadster owners, have heard rumors, been told facts by enthusiastic employees who really weren't in the know, and we've kept that info at the appropriate level until we did know the facts. Tesla is a new company that can be easily hurt by accusations like this. It wouldn't have hurt to have sent a message directly to Tesla to get confirmation before posting.

I'm done talking about this. This thread has clearly taken on a life of its own and people seem to want to speculate and talk about how 'if true, Tesla management will want to cover it up' and lawsuits and and and. I personally find this kind of speculation extremely irresponsible.

In another thread there is some speculation that because some people have Sig #s in the 1,200s Tesla is making more than 1,000 Sigs.

When promoted from the P list to the S list, I was told that many were choosing to delay for various reasons and there would, indeed, be only 1,000 made in the US.

Um... back to the original rumor portion.

We have 10-12 cars delivered. We have 38 founders, last I knew.

Seems like 1) it could be absolutely true that more founders are still needing their cars and 2) somebody typo'd the figure: 20 became 200.

Why put to grand conspiracy things that can be explained by easy flubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.