Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future Live Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For China market, you might need spa seats from Lucid and some one needs to provide warm water tubs for your feet please:

I have just the thing for the feet:
IMG_20170103_214938.jpg

Obviously the car was anything but ready. I don't get hung up on how good or bad the presentation was. I think it was mostly bad, but I don't really care. I was just trying to filter through all the show and pick up the actual pieces of information. I was a little disappointed. Not too much real info about the car.

I really like the idea of being able to swap the side mirror with cameras (once the laws allow it)
I like that they mentioned they focused on making the rear seats comfortable. This is an important aspect for anyone with a family.
It's obviously an upper class car. We need more mid and entry level EVs to get those old ICE off the roads.
I really couldn't care less about being quicker than the P100DL. It's such a waste of engineering resources. We don't need supercar acceleration. It's causing road rage, accidents and encourages bad driving.
Not sure the self driving sensors disappear is a good thing. Part of making the car safe is that even when driving normally, the sensors should watch me and take over to prevent an accident.
They talked about the importance of the interior which is something I agree with. Tesla is just a little too simplistic to me. Unfortunately they didn't show any examples. Just overall they talked a lot but didn't show too much. They still have a lot of work to do. I hope they will succeed.

I fear that these employees will end up having done a lot of work for this Chinese billionaire to take back to China and leave FF itself hanging. They would have taught him one way to try to one-up Tesla, learn about state of the art automotive design and engineering and not reap the rewards.
Well, there is precedent. FF employees were asked to design the LeEco LeSee last year, so it would not be surprising to see LeEco be the beneficiary.

All the hype and there is no interior to show? EPIC. FAIL.

Lucid is much better, their presentation was short and sweet. And they showed everything, in and out. They let people inside the car and played with it. And guests even went for test rides.

FF seem to have something to hide.

Alex Roy was very impressively blown away by Lucid. I wonder what his take is on FF.

Reactions: GSP
... It's like Samsung chasing the iPhone. Some stuff is stuck there, some specs are made just to slightly edge out the competitor's specs, but not necessarily for good reason or overall balance.

I fear that these employees will end up having done a lot of work for this Chinese billionaire to take back to China and leave FF itself hanging. They would have taught him one way to try to one-up Tesla, learn about state of the art automotive design and engineering and not reap the rewards.

Spot on assessment!

It's obviously an upper class car. We need more mid and entry level EVs to get those old ICE off the roads.

Captain-Obvious.jpg

No company can make money or even be FCF positive only selling less than 300k mainstream cars per year. No startup can go 0 cars to 300k cars per year within 5 years. It needs time to build its brand and manufacturing process before mainstream buyers will consider it. These buyers are not 2012 Model S and Fisker Karma buyers that can afford to write off their car purchase if the company does not work out and the car is orphaned.

A startup auto company needs to start up top and work its way down. Otherwise it ends up like Coda and dozens of BEV startups that tried to make every man cars and went bankrupt.

I really couldn't care less about being quicker than the P100DL. It's such a waste of engineering resources. We don't need supercar acceleration. It's causing road rage, accidents and encourages bad driving.

Cars don't sell based on need but what buyers want.

If cars sold based on need then every household in the industrialized world with two or more new cars would have a Nissan LEAF.

If you want people to buy your $100k plus BEV in addition to or instead of a Tesla then you need supercar acceleration. Ergo the company "needs" it and is not a waste of engineering resources.

First impression was that this thing is a TANK, like in huge! I don't know how many garages could fit this thing. Lots of cool "stuff" for sure but the question remains, can they bring this car to production? Even if they do, what will the final production car look like? I doubt that everything you see in this presentation will be on the final car. If it is I can't see this car being less than $200,000, but hey maybe they have some magic dust to pull it off. It certainly can't be considered a direct competitor to the Model 3. Maybe not even the Model S depending on what the price ends up being.

Like all things...time will tell. They still have a lot of questions to answer. First and foremost being where is the building they are going to produce these things in? Build a factory, outfit the assembly line, finalize production specs, staff factory, begin actual production...al by 2018? Seems pretty daunting to me. I hope they can pull it off.

Dan

Reactions: Trev Page
I don't know why they claim theirs is "fastest production vehicle in the world" when they don't even have a production line yet.

They should use the word "prototype" instead of "production."

Except that a number of faster and more powerful electric prototypes exist. To get away with their current claims they have to somehow dismiss Rimac, despite Rimac having actually delivered a few cars to real live customers.

• this car is not desirable
• they don´t have Franz but instead an ex BMW subaltern on autopilot which sports Peter Principle symptoms.Overtaxed and overhyped stretch Van.Redone BMW i5
• Nick Sampson just does it for personal vendetta reasons (same motivation like Rawlinson)
• Jia Jueting is not tech savvy and doesn´t give a sh***, instead is all in for the patents which he then takes back to motherland.Rarely did I see someone as disconnected to his own product.Almost distanced.

No soul.No dedication.Cold as ice.
Fail.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EarlyAdopter
Felt like a corporate sell to Apple, look at our IP, Tech and Patents, can someone please buy this all from us.

They need a sports version quickly to show design development, this car doesn't look too great and it looks like a $100K+ purchase which is a small market surely and one Tesla has already probably cornered.

Tesla will have a few things up their sleeve to counter some of the main points, and an announcement on S100 or S120 and Model 3 details will keep then ticking along.

It was a fairly adequate show, nothing more, I feel the new Jaguar and Porsche offerings will be ahead of this car by mid 2017.