Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite and Least Favorite Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2. Front doors don't open with fob press

Yes, I remember way back when in my dating years, it was the gentlemanly thing to do to open the front passenger door for your date before your own. I still like to do that for my wife sometimes. I find it strange that it is only door I can not open with the fob. The driver door I can open by double tapping the roof of the fob.

Reactions: matblk
My favorite which I consider somewhat X specific is having a vehicle with reasonable clearance while being able to take dirt road corners with loose gravel at speed and still stay firmly planted. I do not know any other SUV that can do this so well. The obvious favorite that is not X specifc is being able to do so much rural driving without using gas.

My least favorite so far are not being able to manage the 2nd and 3rd row seats for optimum shared leg room without unsafe latch warnings. This is annoying because it is one of the reasons I got the X instead of an S with jump seats. At least I can say that it was worth forfeiting my deposit to get the 6 seater which somewhat mitigates the issue.

The windshield I have a love hate relationship with. It is amazing during the fall foliage season now, but I really dislike the ghosting and maybe the glare even more. I am a squinter in the sunlight. I might be able to somewhat solve both with tinting, but am going to wait to see what fix Tesla offers for the ghosting first.

The falcon doors are similar to the windshield with their plusses and minuses. It is nice being able to fully stand up during ingress/egress maneuvers and they are kind of cool looking. But I would rather not attract the attention. Being flashy about having money is definitely not cool in our town culture. I have decided to use the attention as an opportunity to advocate for electric transport. Still I would take mini van doors in a second because I live over 100 miles away from a service center and the falcon doors introduce a huge reliability risk.

Reactions: HerrJones
Oh, one other reason my wife wants to trade in the S for the 3 is because she thinks that old Model Ss smell like mayonnaise. She's been complaining about ours, which I clean regularly, and then we got two different loaners from the Service Center. Both apparently also smell like mayonnaise.

o_O
Agree on the fact they have a distinct odor. Had a loaner "classic" Model S for a few days, but it smelled more like Miracle Whip to me.:D

Like: acceleration
Dislike: speeding tickets, although the officer was very polite and excited that it was his first Model-X he has seen/ticketed.

Dislike #2: non-folding 2nd row seats.

Now that AP 2.0 and bigger battery has been announced, I think the latest 100 Model-X would be almost the perfect vehicle for me. If they announced folding 2nd-row seats, I would trade-in my X in a heartbeat for the newer model.

Favorites:
Traffic aware cruise control-it slows down and speeds up all by itself! (I don't use AP *ducks*)
Windshield
Easy to get kids in and out of car (2 carseats in second row)
Internet radio

Not so favorites:
New interface on internet radio--8.0 update version sucks
Center console is pretty useless-could use better storage nooks and crannies: our 2009 Camry had better storage for odds and ends. :p
FWD are a love/hate thing--easy in and out with the kids, but still a bit ostentatious and I'm getting a bit tired of all the comments and attention, to be honest.

Everything else is manageable so far. I don't use the frunk, just because it's not a habit yet. And they seem to frown upon putting kids in there, so there's that...

I haven't seen mention of my favorite underrated feature. Most car doors have a few fixed angles they'll swing to if you don't hold them. The X front doors will let you smoothly swing to any angle, and when you let go they'll hold in that position.

As for least favorite, I guess I'll say the charge port location. Having the port near the front like on a LEAF is more convenient both at home (for sharing a cord between two cars) and at public charging spots (don't have to back in).

What are others single favorite and least favorite features, if you had to pick? Try not to make a list, if you can. Just a single item for each category.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this, and tried to narrow it down.

Favorite feature = how fun the X is to drive during the day. Most of the time, driving the car puts a smile on my face. (There are many other things that I really like, but trying to just list one :p)

Least favorite = "ghosting" from the windshield. (It is really distracting and takes away from the enjoyment of the car.)

Reactions: LuckyX
Too many favs too list
1. Comfort of front and second row seats (way better than my S) and smooth ride
2. Space / deep well for storage
3. Towing / hitch mounted accessories
4. Autopilot
5. Windshield
6. Fwd are awesome, updates have made them even better,

Least fav
1. Third row is tight and requires careful adjustment of second row to make it tolerable.
2. Frunk manual close

I am debating trading S for 3. Wife drives x.
Yes I was disappointed with the exact science it is to comfortably get someone in 3rd and second row at same time. Maybe the update improved this but when I was in 3rd row for first time I got stuck due to second row motor not letting me adjust with buttons closer to my reach, was always the opposite of the one I wanted/needed to use to get out.

Yes, I remember way back when in my dating years, it was the gentlemanly thing to do to open the front passenger door for your date before your own. I still like to do that for my wife sometimes. I find it strange that it is only door I can not open with the fob. The driver door I can open by double tapping the roof of the fob.
Do you have auto presenting front doors package? We don't but if you can truly do this with fob you sir have made my life much better

As a new owner (10 days) my current aggravation is the opening of the rear hatch in the garage. I may try backing the car in or using the Summons feature. I'd like the hatch to open at a set height, regardless of perceived obstacles.
Yes, I feel your pain. I've given up on trying to train my X to open the trunk at a higher setting. I have lots more room for the trunk to open, so until Tesla updates the software to be less conservative, I've resigned myself to manually pushing it higher each time.

Reactions: Ormond