Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad you posted about this, when I asked to the SA in Houston I was told that this email address was a myth :eek: I kind of felt stupid about it, the guy, not without some arrogance, said that Tesla already offers great rates, why would they have a "magic email address to lower the rates even more"......
I am going to figure out my best finance option as my delivery date gets closer, but I will definitely try to do this.
Did you basically said " This is what I am offered so far, can you beat it?" , thanks!
Glad it was helpful - I learned about it from a reddit post myself 😅 I basically wrote in the email the offer I have received from the app, and that "the rate is higher than I am comfortable with, and I am wondering if you can kindly shop my loan for a better rate". Received a response within 15 minutes saying he would be happy to look around for me... another 15 minutes passed and I received "[another bank] was able to approve your application at 2.74%, the floor rate in our loan program." My app updated the offer immediately, and I accepted. It may not be a matter of whether they can 'beat' the rate, rather than whether they will show you the lowest rate as the first offer. I read from somewhere Tesla may prioritize financing offers that provide them with the highest kick back (instead of lowest %) - but it could just be a theory. Give the email address a try!

Glad it was helpful - I learned about it from a reddit post myself 😅 I basically wrote in the email the offer I have received from the app, and that "the rate is higher than I am comfortable with, and I am wondering if you can kindly shop my loan for a better rate". Received a response within 15 minutes saying he would be happy to look around for me... another 15 minutes passed and I received "[another bank] was able to approve your application at 2.74%, the floor rate in our loan program." My app updated the offer immediately, and I accepted. It may not be a matter of whether they can 'beat' the rate, rather than whether they will show you the lowest rate as the first offer. I read from somewhere Tesla may prioritize financing offers that provide them with the highest kick back (instead of lowest %) - but it could just be a theory. Give the email address a try!
The crazy part is the floor rate was 2.49% literally a week before I placed my order

Placed our order on 3/6.
MYP; MSM; Black Interior; 5-seats; No FSD; no tow hitch.
EDD: May 3-31 (original estimate was April, then switched to June, and now back to May).
Definitely encouraging to see some people get their early (and equally discouraging to see others get theirs late). Nothing to do but wait I suppose. It'll be our first EV, so definitely excited.

MYLR, blue/white 20 inch wheels 3rd row
OD 2/26/22, completed registration/finance 2/28
Made update on 3/1 to the 3rd row and 3/18 from 19 inch to 20 inch wheels. I had estimate delivery June 12-July 24. Did not change with the wheels update. Initial EDD date was august and then changed to September. 3/17 is when date was changed to June 12 to July 24, 2022 located Los Angeles . From what I read the dates get moved around. Let’s see hope to get it this year. I will not postpone delivery,

Reactions: JDEWD250
They are definitely concentrating only on west coast delivery for easy quarter in completion. I added FSD to see if any changes to my EDD and it has not moved in 3 days. So if your wondering if FSD matters it does not right now. And a lot of east coast folks are slipping back due to west coast concentration. So right now your best way to get delivery is to be on the west coast despite the configuration.

MYLR, blue/white 20 inch wheels 3rd row
OD 2/26/22, completed registration/finance 2/28
Made update on 3/1 to the 3rd row and 3/18 from 19 inch to 20 inch wheels. I had estimate delivery June 12-July 24. Did not change with the wheels update. Initial EDD date was august and then changed to September. 3/17 is when date was changed to June 12 to July 24, 2022 located Los Angeles . From what I read the dates get moved around. Let’s see hope to get it this year. I will not postpone delivery,
I was thinking about changing the wheels on my MYLR, I went to the Vallejo Tesla store and asked if it would change the price, besides the $2000 for the wheels.

I was told that basically it would be a new order, cost the extra $4000 plus wheels and put me at the back of the line.

I decided to stick with my original order/plan, powder coat the Gemini wheels and save $6000!

Reactions: nelyhs
I saw others that ordered around my date, Feb 24, with VIN and a date already, why this is looking a lot like a lottery? :D
Whenever we get to the end of a quarter, Tesla seriously prioritizes California/west coast orders, because they can pump out a bunch of cars and deliver them really quickly due to proximity. (e.g. it apparently takes about a week for a car to show up in NY, so at this point there’s a chance it might not make the EOQ numbers, but someone near Fremont could pick up their car a couple days after getting a VIN). Kind of stupid, but it is what it is. EOQ cars sometimes have more issues because they’re rushed, so I’m not *that* disappointed to not be getting s car this month.

MYLR | MSM | 20" Induction | Black Interior
No tow / No FSD

Test drove 02/24
Order date 02/25
EDD 02/25: August 2022
EDD 03/10: September 2022
EDD 03/19: September 23-November 18

Canada delivery times just seem to be awful. Here's to hoping there's a push and we can get ours at least in the summer....

First time post—put an order in for a MY LR last week but the EDD is just too far out to wait (Sept-Oct 2022), so switched it over to a MYP (blue/white interior). On the site at the time of change it showed May-June 2022 EDD, but on my Tesla Acct it still shows the old date…anyone know if it updates eventually or so I have to reach out to confirm? Thanks and glad to be a part of this forum!