Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the trade in call from Tesla Motors. Unfortunately they do not take non-Tesla vehicles that are currently under lease, so I do not have a trade to bring to them. But she confirmed my EDD range that I'm seeing in the app and said to expect another call with a VIN soon. Again we will see if it sticks but this seems to be how it plays out often here. I'm scheduled to pick up at Mt. Kisco by the way, for anyone else around this time frame there as well - I'm guessing they don't ship trucks that are not full.

Tesla did it to me again….
This time I got the call to confirm my pick up, did the paperwork, got another message confirming all was done and my scheduled pick up was set
Then this
Hi Brian, your Model Y has not yet arrived and we are rescheduling your appointment to 01:00 PM on June 11, 2022 based on your vehicle's current ETA.

If your vehicle arrives/is ready earlier than anticipated, we will reach out to reschedule accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Questions? Reply here.

Tesla did it to me again….
This time I got the call to confirm my pick up, did the paperwork, got another message confirming all was done and my scheduled pick up was set
Then this
Hi Brian, your Model Y has not yet arrived and we are rescheduling your appointment to 01:00 PM on June 11, 2022 based on your vehicle's current ETA.

If your vehicle arrives/is ready earlier than anticipated, we will reach out to reschedule accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Questions? Reply here.
When was the original pick up scheduled?

When was the original pick up scheduled?
Ordered in Feb for a supposed March delivery 😂
First 3 day window was end of May. Vin. assigned and early June. Told to schedule my first day open was June 7th. Told on the 6th it wasn’t in and rescheduled for the 9 th. Today told it still wasn’t in and they rescheduled for the 11th. Talked to Tesla just a few minutes ago. They won’t tell me where the car is, it’s not in Florida, it’s, she tells me less than 500 miles according to google maps, but can’t say where and if it’s actually in transit or sitting someplace waiting for a truck. She “thinks” they will make the 11th date. Not holding my breath

Just got the trade in call from Tesla Motors. Unfortunately they do not take non-Tesla vehicles that are currently under lease, so I do not have a trade to bring to them. But she confirmed my EDD range that I'm seeing in the app and said to expect another call with a VIN soon. Again we will see if it sticks but this seems to be how it plays out often here. I'm scheduled to pick up at Mt. Kisco by the way, for anyone else around this time frame there as well - I'm guessing they don't ship trucks that are not full.
Yes they do! I’m trading in my Audi next Thursday.

Yes they do! I’m trading in my Audi next Thursday.
What? I've had two different Tesla people tell me this. I still have a year left on my lease so maybe that's the difference? I'm finalizing a divorce and one of the many things that needs to be done is get each other off of our leases - with Audi they won't just remove one person so I have to sell. However it gave me the perfect opportunity to get the Model Y. But so far everyone I've talked to said they won't take it in as trade. If they actually do I would save on taxes as well as even though I'm in it for another year I actually have positive equity - I'm talking with Carmax now to sell.

What? I've had two different Tesla people tell me this. I still have a year left on my lease so maybe that's the difference? I'm finalizing a divorce and one of the many things that needs to be done is get each other off of our leases - with Audi they won't just remove one person so I have to sell. However it gave me the perfect opportunity to get the Model Y. But so far everyone I've talked to said they won't take it in as trade. If they actually do I would save on taxes as well as even though I'm in it for another year I actually have positive equity - I'm talking with Carmax now to sell.
I just leased my Audi last October. Tesla can take some leases but not all depends on the brand. I am taking a big hit but it’s worth it to get the car I want. Of coarse Audi doesn’t help when they give Tesla dealer payoff instead of regular payoff.

I just leased my Audi last October. Tesla can take some leases but not all depends on the brand. I am taking a big hit but it’s worth it to get the car I want. Of coarse Audi doesn’t help when they give Tesla dealer payoff instead of regular payoff.
Yeah, that is what Carmax is telling me as well - I'm waiting to hear what that number is today. Can't wait. But unfortunately that will be what it is no matter what. I have no choice in this situation. But I'll have a MYP when I'm done. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: NC Coast
Yeah, that is what Carmax is telling me as well - I'm waiting to hear what that number is today. Can't wait. But unfortunately that will be what it is no matter what. I have no choice in this situation. But I'll have a MYP when I'm done. Thanks for the info.
And just like that I have the trade in evaluation process under way. And then right after that they assigned a VIN (F463) which I went on the chat service and verified it has all season tires, Ryzen chip, Li-ion battery, and heated wipers. New EDD is June 23-27.

And just like that I have the trade in evaluation process under way. And then right after that they assigned a VIN (F463) which I went on the chat service and verified it has all season tires, Ryzen chip, Li-ion battery, and heated wipers. New EDD is June 23-27.
So apparently Audi Financial takes forever to give dealers a payoff number on leases - just an FYI for anyone who will need this. I'm still waiting. I just got the text that my car has left the factory and to finalize all of my pre-delivery tasks. The trade-in is the only thing that seems to be there and it's their hold up. I can get a payoff immediately on the phone but apparently Audi likes to add on their own fees to dealers to make some more profit with the new market conditions.

General question: For those who changed order to MYP, how many twelve-day/two-week EDDs have you received before you get your VIN assigned?
After the switch to MYP, I had seven EDD windows of two weeks or less, although the last two EDD were both this month, and the last one only lasted a day before getting my VIN today. All the others held until the 2nd day of being inside the EDD. They changed to new windows from 9 days to 6 weeks. I guessed that I would get my MYP at the EOQ push, and on that, Tesla did not disappoint! 4-1/2 months from OD to delivery, 2-1/2 months from switching to MYP to delivery.

Reactions: kitt2000
So apparently Audi Financial takes forever to give dealers a payoff number on leases - just an FYI for anyone who will need this. I'm still waiting. I just got the text that my car has left the factory and to finalize all of my pre-delivery tasks. The trade-in is the only thing that seems to be there and it's their hold up. I can get a payoff immediately on the phone but apparently Audi likes to add on their own fees to dealers to make some more profit with the new market conditions.
That they do. I picked my Y up yesterday. Audi added an extra $2k to the payoff. I did get my trade in offer in a few days though.

General question: For those who changed order to MYP, how many twelve-day/two-week EDDs have you received before you get your VIN assigned?
Mine was surprisingly quick. Here is my list of events after ordering my Y LR and than switching to the YP
Tesla Model Y LR

Ordered: February 17th, 2022 @14:04 PM

2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range
MSM | Black Interior | 20" Induction Wheels |
5 Seat | Tow | No Full Self-driving

Estimated delivery: August

March 13th, 2022; 1st push: Sept. ~ Oct.
March 27th, 2022; 2nd push: Oct. ~ Jan. 2023
May 27th, 2022; 3rd push: Nov. ~ Feb. 2023

Edit Order: June 1st, 2022

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
MSM | Black Interior | 5 Seats | Tow |
No Full Self-Driving

June 1, 2022: EDD July-Sept
June 2, 2022: VIN assigned *F456
June 2, 2022: EDD June 14- June 25
June 2, 2022: EDD June 12 - June 18
June 7, 2022: EDD June 15th per call can take deliver 6/16 or 6/17. I choose 6/17. Pickup at Charlotte, NC SC

Reactions: kitt2000
Mine was surprisingly quick. Here is my list of events after ordering my Y LR and than switching to the YP
Tesla Model Y LR

No Full Self-Driving

June 7, 2022: EDD June 15th per call can take deliver 6/16 or 6/17. I choose 6/17. Pickup at Charlotte, NC SC
You timeline is very similar to mine except I did the flip-flop (MYP Blue->MYLR Blue->MYP White->MYP Blue - long and sad story, described a couple of pages back) within one week after I switched. I guess that took me out of the quarter-end push, especially due to that momentary switch back to MYLR. I think I will probably get a few more EDD changes like @Whiskeypapa said and the delivery will land somewhere around July 4th weekend. Not too bad and it actually works better for my schedule. Tomorrow is the 2nd of my current EDD so let’s see how it will change.

Last edited:
I just posted this in another thread but think it applies here as well. I had ordered a MYLR the same as my existing 0062xx MY on Feb 1. A month or so ago I changed the color to blue as my current one. The EDD went from Oct-Nov to Nov-Feb. I saw quite a few people changed their order to a MYP to get it sooner.. I decided to do that a week ago. All of a sudden I have a VIN and an EDD of 06/24-28. This is a surprise. I guess I should be getting ready for it. A couple days ago the EDD was Aug-Oct and now this. This new VIN is 465xxx. Thoughts?

• Disagree
Reactions: Horty4
Tesla Model Y LR

No Full Self-Driving

Pickup just slid to Monday, June 20th because of the delay in transportation delivery. Still better than waiting until end of the year for the Y LR.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Update: I just got a text saying a VIN has been assigned to me and EDD switched to 6/18-6/22.

Due to my work schedule I can’t take delivery until 6/25… I guess I will wait to see what delivery dates are available to me and figure out…

Hopefully it gives me time to run to the bank and get a cashier’s check.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and Efoxx