Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allo fellow car cleaning obsessives!!

Are there any tips or suggestions to cleaning these rain/salt areas on the bottom sides of the car?

Keen to do a bit of maintenance instead of washing the whole car each time 😭
IMG_0521.jpeg

Are there any tips or suggestions to cleaning these rain/salt areas on the bottom sides of the car?

I put Duel Flex hydrophobic coating on my car & can get away with just rinsing with a pressure washer for at least 2 or 3 weeks after a full wash, sometimes a lot longer if I'm not using the car much. I then dry the car with my leaf blower, so it's completely no-touch to avoid any grit swirls. It's not perfect, but gets most of the grime off.

Honestly I'd feel a bit silly drying the car with the leaf blower if my drive wasn't completely out of view of the road, but it's very effective :)

Reactions: M1tch
I put Duel Flex hydrophobic coating on my car & can get away with just rinsing with a pressure washer for at least 2 or 3 weeks after a full wash, sometimes a lot longer if I'm not using the car much. I then dry the car with my leaf blower, so it's completely no-touch to avoid any grit swirls. It's not perfect, but gets most of the grime off.

Honestly I'd feel a bit silly drying the car with the leaf blower if my drive wasn't completely out of view of the road, but it's very effective :)
A PPF strip along and below the crease would really help.

For all car washers: I buy demineralised water from a dispenser. I fill 20l jerries and use it via the Karcher for final rinsing.
No water spots.

This is why I haven't bothered to wash the car in over 12 months....My daughter noticed these weird mud splatters on the car today. On closer inspection they are car paws going all the way up to roof.

So the car jumped onto the car, with mud covered paws/claw, walked all over the car. Imagine the scratches......good thing the car is very much now 'hack' status, so I really couldn't careless :).

53333508277_39a350ad2b_k_d.jpg

I'm long past caring what others think of me when cleaning the car, My neighbours probably think I'm odd because of my obsessiveness for keeping the car pristine, I will wash the car whilst its raining, I take the wheels off to clean the inside of the wheel - and apply tyre shine to the inside tyre wall, I clean the plastic panels underneath the car and even polish the wheel arch liners.
My car never really gets dirty, it gets cleaned after pretty much every use, Use lots of quick detail spray (Last Touch) However bear in mind I'm retired and don't take the car out in bad weather - if i really need to go out and the weather is bad - I take the wife's Fiesta.

Twice a year the car gets machine polished and carnauba waxed - a full detail and that takes at least 5 x12 hour days to do it, I spend longer cleaning the inside of door shuts than most do to wash an entire car and leather it down. Friends jokingly say - In the grand scheme of things and priorities my car comes first - they may have a point.

Reactions: init6
The only upside about the depreciation in the last year (compared to the first 2) is that I don’t feel the need to maintain the car like I did when it was still worth the purchase price.

I don’t grimace at my kerbed alloys anymore either.

Of course; you have staff for that

:)

My MS has PPF so I don't need to worry about paint corrosion if a pigeon craps on it, and I don't have to help the paint recover if I snuggle up against a countryside hedge.

But its mostly that I choose to do other things with my time. Perhaps I should worry about how obsessively (on topic here :) ) I optimise my life ...

So the car jumped onto the car, with mud covered paws/claw, walked all over the car. Imagine the scratches......good thing the car is very much now 'hack' status, so I really couldn't careless :).
I used to get some of that but not so much these days... I wait until they are up on the roof and then remote open the boot and then they scarper... cants dont easily forget.

Ive tried the farts but they just sit there look cool like "its not me" 😬

I used to get some of that but not so much these days... I wait until they are up on the roof and then remote open the boot and then they scarper... cants dont easily forget.

Ive tried the farts but they just sit there look cool like "its not me" 😬
Several cats, our included, used to use my car as part of their standard route until I fitted some spikey things to the top of the fence they jumped on next. Now they take the long way round.

I was a little disappointed to not actually see them discover it wasn't a good way to go, I suspect they were too smart to try.

Reactions: Js1977
Several cats, our included, used to use my car as part of their standard route until I fitted some spikey things to the top of the fence they jumped on next. Now they take the long way round.
I thought of that but even though I dont have cats anymore I thought that might raise brows with some neighbours and I cant really be done with tensions.

I was a little disappointed to not actually see them discover it wasn't a good way to go, I suspect they were too smart to try.
Or maybe they did when you weren't looking 🤣

I thought of that but even though I dont have cats anymore I thought that might raise brows with some neighbours and I cant really be done with tensions.

Or maybe they did when you weren't looking 🤣
I think I get away with it as 2 of them were ours (notice very much not mine), there are 2 others that regularly take that route looking for a fight but I get away with that. We would have had the vet bills if they tried.

Reactions: Js1977