Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

felt tape in-between rear seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have the infamous paper bag sounding rattle from the rear seats rubbing against each other. I got some felt tape, and put it in-between middle seat on both sides of it. Good news? Noise is completely gone. However, the tape doesn't want to stick to the fabric on the sides of the seat. I just kinda jammed it in there but if I move the seats or fold them the tape falls down.

What do you all use for felt tap that actually sticks!?

thanks

Mine has an intermittent squeak from somewhere in the back seats that is driving me crazy. I took it in for service (a 2 1/2 hour round trip) and the sucker squeaked the entire trip to the SC, then didn't squeak at all during the 30 minutes the two techs drove it around on bumpy roads. The squeak returned when I was 10 minutes from home. They told me if I could find the location of the squeak they would fix it, alternatively once the Covid restrictions are lifted I can ride around with a Tech until the thing revealed itself. The squeak, when it is active, is present even when either or both rear seats are folded down.

Mine has an intermittent squeak from somewhere in the back seats that is driving me crazy. I took it in for service (a 2 1/2 hour round trip) and the sucker squeaked the entire trip to the SC, then didn't squeak at all during the 30 minutes the two techs drove it around on bumpy roads. The squeak returned when I was 10 minutes from home. They told me if I could find the location of the squeak they would fix it, alternatively once the Covid restrictions are lifted I can ride around with a Tech until the thing revealed itself. The squeak, when it is active, is present even when either or both rear seats are folded down.
I believe mine is where the cross brace is located at the top of the rear hatch glass. If you tap the interior panel piece, you may hear the metal bracket behind it. My guess it's either the panel or bracket behind the panel.

Reactions: laservet
I believe mine is where the cross brace is located at the top of the rear hatch glass. If you tap the interior panel piece, you may hear the metal bracket behind it. My guess it's either the panel or bracket behind the panel.
when I took mine apart to install the kick sensor, I found this bracket (in yellow) rattles. I put some foam tape behind it and it seem to have stopped.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-22_15-16-34.png
    upload_2020-10-22_15-16-34.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 213