Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Few questions before receiving my T3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there! Should be getting her by the end of May. Can't wait.

- I've seen other T3 owners mentioning a 128GB drive in the glove box. Is this for constant recording when Sentry Mode is enabled? If not constant recording, then I'll purchase a Samsung T5 512gb drive.
- Can I set a pin # or some sort of security for the glove box to protect the 128GB drive from being stolen with the footage when sentry mode is enabled?
- Has any USB hub manufacturer released one for T3's with 2 USB-C's?

It comes with a Samsung 128GB and there's no reason to change it. It will hold all the dashcam, sentry, and track mode recordings you could ever want and you can partition it to include as much music as you want (which won't be much because the MP3 interface isn't great). If that's not enough for you, you can connect more drives to the USB-C ports in the center console.

You can put a pin on the glove box but even without one it only opens when the car is properly unlocked and not in valet mode.

What are you looking to do with a hub? There are already 2 USB-C ports in the center, 2 wireless chargers, 2 USB-C chargers in the back, and a USB-A in the glove box.

Reactions: flexnix
It comes with a Samsung 128GB and there's no reason to change it. It will hold all the dashcam, sentry, and track mode recordings you could ever want and you can partition it to include as much music as you want (which won't be much because the MP3 interface isn't great). If that's not enough for you, you can connect more drives to the USB-C ports in the center console.

You can put a pin on the glove box but even without one it only opens when the car is properly unlocked and not in valet mode.

What are you looking to do with a hub? There are already 2 USB-C ports in the center, 2 wireless chargers, 2 USB-C chargers in the back, and a USB-A in the glove box.
The reason I wanted the hub is to at least hide an external drive that I was going to plug in to constantly record in Sentry mode. But since I could add a pin number to the glove box then I think that's more than enough. I guess there's no need to get the hub then or the external drive. I appreciate the responses.