Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Figuring Out What Is Really Happening With MYLR Orders At This Moment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, I recently 'jumped' into EV. Ordered a MY LR 5 seat, 20", no FSD/tow. EDD at order time, Sep 8, was Jan '22; however I do not see any EDD on my account. I feel the previous posts concerning the upcoming Austin plant is reasonable....causing all of 'us' to be in a bit of a limbo status.

To help ease the pain for those of us waiting for our MYLR:

I recently moved and ordered two stools for my bar and a new recliner back in April '21; the new sofa was in stock. I just received my two bar stools last week and asked the delivery guys what is the status of my chair, they said November. As I was really looking fwd to my new recliner, I forgot that I also order the two stools, so when they did arrive I was a bit bummed out; at least there was some progress. The delivery date for both the stools and chair were updated monthly with a further EDD as each month passed.

I just received my accessories that I ordered for my MYLR; mats front to back and the home link. I called my local service/delivery office and left a msg: can I pre-schedule to have an appt to have my home link installed at pick-up/delivery. They responded about a few days later and said all service must be maid in the Tesla app.

Guess it's too early to sit on my bar stool. Cheers to those of us hurrying up and waiting.
Just to update:

Last week my EDD appeared on my account, Jan 5-25 '22, this week it was updated to Dec 13-31 '21. Not sure if TX is coming 'on-line' or if Cali is ramping up production of MY's since there seems to be quite a bit of backorders. Fingers crossed for a nice Christmas present.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Just to update:

Last week my EDD appeared on my account, Jan 5-25 '22, this week it was updated to Dec 13-31 '21. Not sure if TX is coming 'on-line' or if Cali is ramping up production of MY's since there seems to be quite a bit of backorders. Fingers crossed for a nice Christmas present.
Greetings MY LR waiters. Today my EDD pushed back from Dec, to Jan 19 - Feb 16th. OD 9/8.

Ordered MY LR July 31st.
Showing Oct 25th-Nov 8th delivery now for the last 3 weeks after a slew of changes to the EDD until around mid sept. Been stable since.

Praying this is it šŸ™šŸ½

Config: LR, Blue/white, 19ā€, tow package.

Just changed to 22nd - 28th :) sheā€™ll be comin round the mountainā€¦ā€™ woo hoo!

Attachments

• 06855453-78AC-4D7E-8047-B7E998DCE998.jpeg
    06855453-78AC-4D7E-8047-B7E998DCE998.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 146
I ordered my MYLR in early September. The estimate while ordering was January, then there was no estimate shown until recently. That estimate was Jan 4 - Feb 2.

Now yesterday I was shocked to see the estimate was Nov 14 - Dec 12. I wonder if Austin is picking up production or they are getting more cars from China?

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I ordered my MYLR in early September. The estimate while ordering was January, then there was no estimate shown until recently. That estimate was Jan 4 - Feb 2.

Now yesterday I was shocked to see the estimate was Nov 14 - Dec 12. I wonder if Austin is picking up production or they are getting more cars from China?
From all I've read Tesla's made in China are for the Asian/European markets; that is, until GigaBerlin 'goes on-line'. There's a youtube channel that updates monthly(?) about the gigaTexas factory. It just posted an update yesterday or today. From what I glean, a lot of work still needs to be accomplished prior to any real production #'s rolling out.

Fingers crossed on your new EDD!

Reactions: Falcon73
From all I've read Tesla's made in China are for the Asian/European markets; that is, until GigaBerlin 'goes on-line'. There's a youtube channel that updates monthly(?) about the gigaTexas factory. It just posted an update yesterday or today. From what I glean, a lot of work still needs to be accomplished prior to any real production #'s rolling out.

Fingers crossed on your new EDD!
Oh no!! Dates switched to Jan 29 - Feb 26. I hate these big swings.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Ordered MY LR July 31st.
Showing Oct 25th-Nov 8th delivery now for the last 3 weeks after a slew of changes to the EDD until around mid sept. Been stable since.

Praying this is it šŸ™šŸ½

Config: LR, Blue/white, 19ā€, tow package.

Yes White on White LR

Just changed to 22nd - 28th :) sheā€™ll be comin round the mountainā€¦ā€™ woo hoo!

My 7/16 order changed from 10/16--11/5 to 10/22 to 11/3.
IDK what that actually means?
how you all have such good EDD :O
Ordered since late June and EDD got pushed back to literally end of year today :(

Update: picked up my MY LR yesterday at 6pm :) So there were a few issues to note on paint and trim quality

1. Drivers door either set a bit too low or or rear passenger set a bit too highā€¦hard to tell. Trim was off but it was more a door alignment issue.
2. Paint bubble/dust in a section on drivers door.
3. A small chip in the front hood which someone tired to hide with touch up paint. šŸ˜‘
4. Light scratches into the clear coat on various different areas of the body. Itā€™s like no one buffed it prior to delivery. I noticed one part where I put my finger to and rubbed for a second to see if it was real and just that act alone caused more scratch. Wow what a weak paint finish or perhaps too much clear coat šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Other those 4 items the rest of the car looks great and drives fantastic as a Tesla would! the white interior was spotless and perfection.seats were brand new, stiching perfect, interior trim perfect, console great, everything as it should be šŸ‘šŸ½

I bought Accel Boost asap in the SC..took me 30 seconds on the app and by the time they installed my 21ā€ Uber set I had purchased 3rd party off an MYP owner (with 1000 miles on them), it has downloaded :) Even the avatar was changed to the 21ā€™s by the tech lol. The 19ā€ Geminiā€™s Iā€™m having powder coated and winter tires installed on. Iā€™ll have the 21ā€ as spring summer set only.

Issue now is I brought it to the nearby shop for front and lower sides ppf right away but now I canā€™t get it done until the paint is all fixed up. Unfortunately theyā€™ll have to repaint the entire front hood, side of drivers door. Thatā€™s 2 spots that wonā€™t have factory finish paint :(

In all my years of owning Teslas, Iā€™ve never seen an end finish as scratched up or damaged as this was. They are churning them out now like socks and little to no quality control. Come in Tesla your almost a 1T market cap companyā€¦as if you canā€™t spend the $ to increase this lol.

Good thing is the SC at Oakville Ontario are a group of amazing and hard working people. They will get to it right away, provide a loaner and ensure the issues are remediated pronto. Incl an entire buffing of the whole car to endure all scratches are gone.

The M3 red colour we picked up 6 weeks ago was flawless. Oh well luck of the draw which car one gets off the assembly line. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

I will say for the 5 min I drove it to the PPF shop, wow the ABoost really gives it that kick! And i was pleasantly surprised that the suspension with the 21ā€ ubers was not as harsh as everyone has made them out to be. Perhaps because they are running on the LR suspension and not the lowered P suspā€¦who knows! I was just content with the handling and that it also seemed just fine on the exterior wind noise front at 100-110km/hr for 2 min :)

Attachments

• DFA1EAC2-7E90-42A3-A0AD-692D0112D33B.jpeg
    DFA1EAC2-7E90-42A3-A0AD-692D0112D33B.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 10C59C30-27D8-4F82-8F59-8E3DC59BF170.jpeg
    10C59C30-27D8-4F82-8F59-8E3DC59BF170.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 384BF378-8B06-478C-A83A-77BACF7C640D.jpeg
    384BF378-8B06-478C-A83A-77BACF7C640D.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 67
  • F394229F-1959-43BE-9064-0655710D4D74.jpeg
    F394229F-1959-43BE-9064-0655710D4D74.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 27F14518-48C0-4697-B067-2F9515AC0B9E.jpeg
    27F14518-48C0-4697-B067-2F9515AC0B9E.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 12407289-F0E6-426B-972E-B7C52BA852CB.jpeg
    12407289-F0E6-426B-972E-B7C52BA852CB.jpeg
    522.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I ordered a MYP on October 14th and have an EDD of "November 27th - December 25th".

I have to say that Tesla customer service has been awful at communicating with me. They sent me an email asking for my order number, but since I've responded a week ago with questions and my response, they've not responded to me. I sent the email to two different people at my local Tesla, but nothing back in a week after three emails.

Is this normal?

I ordered a MYP on October 14th and have an EDD of "November 27th - December 25th".

I have to say that Tesla customer service has been awful at communicating with me. They sent me an email asking for my order number, but since I've responded a week ago with questions and my response, they've not responded to me. I sent the email to two different people at my local Tesla, but nothing back in a week after three emails.

Is this normal?
yes, it's normal