Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally!! Eibach has a SR+ lowering spring.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every picture I've seen with the Eibach Pro Kit looks like the drop is more than 1.2" on both the front & back, almost closer to 1.8" but still not 'dumped' looking.

I haven't had a chance to see a Model 3 in person yet with Eibach springs, but I was looking for something that just closed the wheel gap but didn't really give a lowered look. Is there another set of lowering springs that doesn't got as low as the Eibach springs?

The T-Sportline ones will only lower 0.75 inch, I think that's what you want.

Screenshot_20200224-213939.jpg
Also I am noticing we have 2 different part number for the SR+ springs
E10-87-001-04-22
E10-87-001-01-22

What number is the right one for SR+?
I just bought these E10-87-001-04-22 at
tirerack.com for my SR+.

Every picture I've seen with the Eibach Pro Kit looks like the drop is more than 1.2" on both the front & back, almost closer to 1.8" but still not 'dumped' looking.

I haven't had a chance to see a Model 3 in person yet with Eibach springs, but I was looking for something that just closed the wheel gap but didn't really give a lowered look. Is there another set of lowering springs that doesn't got as low as the Eibach springs?

Check out Unplugged Performance Mild springs .... I believe that they are only ~0.7" drop. The also have Moderate and Low.

I am still researching all of the springs out there.

After 7 months I have requested a refund from Unplugged Performance @UnpluggedP for my moderate springs.
The communication was clear that it will take a while, but having it take longer than half a year is ridiculous. If anyone has a RWD LR 3 please send pics of the Eibach. I will be moving forward with another company on this.

Reactions: PNW_M3
Here are pics of my SR+ on Eibachs...First pic is the before and after, last pic was right after they were installed...Ride quality feels like stock to me, had them on the car for 6 months, 8k miles. Only complaint I had is the slight reverse rake but not a big deal to me anymore...
F5EDB33F-4B26-42A9-928F-158912912EFD.jpeg
CC87F2BC-E6CE-4EDB-997E-F42E2A7B1096.jpeg

85EAA4A8-9920-4E1F-84F4-8DB28C6E1F1B.jpeg
72BDF70F-1526-4EBE-BAAB-8171EA40FEC3.jpeg

Reactions: Firehuntah
Looks great! It said it’s not suppose to have reverse rake though? I bought mine and I have it but not installed yet. E10-87-001-04-22 part number right?

How much of the bump stop did you cut because it didn't come with instructions? E10-87-001-01-22 suggests the following:

44124377-2820-4EC6-9D24-6024469EC1B3.jpeg

Here are pics of my SR+ on Eibachs...First pic is the before and after, last pic was right after they were installed...Ride quality feels like stock to me, had them on the car for 6 months, 8k miles. Only complaint I had is the slight reverse rake but not a big deal to me anymore...
View attachment 521242 View attachment 521243
View attachment 521241View attachment 521240

C36BF086-88FB-4359-99C4-DE03D62DD5B6.jpeg
88BE1342-FA24-4136-88DD-C05751D82FB4.jpeg
1167581A-5CCE-4E6F-8C23-520EF570BCA3.jpeg
5970F9AA-1C85-47BC-B811-6B8416A5F58E.jpeg
Any photos yet of an SR on the new updated springs? I installed my previous model springs yesterday that I bought on Black Friday. Front came down less than 1/2”. Rear came down about 1”. Spoke to Tanner at Eibach today and they will sell me the updated front springs at a deal. Rear is the same spring.

not sure I’d want the front another inch down. Would like to see a photo of one first.

Was a lot of work for such a mild drop. ☹️

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagv1983
My E10-87-001-04-22 kit arrived yesterday. I want to get them on my SR asap, but not sure when I'll have time - hopefully within a week or so. I'll definitely post pics and take measurements before and after.

I've done springs on several other cars and it isn't too bad but was thinking about just paying to get it done.
How hard was it?
How long did it take you?
Any special tools needed other than spring compressors?
I've skimmed some youtube DIY, but need to watch 1 or 2 carefully so I am sure that I have everything I need.

At 50 I've decided I'm too old to be doing this stuff anymore. Without a lift it is just hard on the body working on the garage floor. Technically this isn't a tough install. My problem was the first side I started on I used my impact gun to remove the sway bar end link nut. It spun it off so fast the nut came off the end of the gun and shot up into the under frunk area somewhere. May have spit out, not sure but after over an hour of looking I couldn't find it. Had to ride my bike up to the hardware store where they didn't have an exact match (nylock flange nut) so used a regular flange nut with a lock washer.

My two biggest suggestions. Remove the TORX pinch nut from the upper control arm last, after you've undone everything else. Also one install video I watched said this was a T50 TORX. My T50 was too big and my T45 was too small.

Second must do. Mark the orientation of the top hat in relation to the lower strut legs so you can get it clocked as accurately as possible. My first side wasn't exact and it was a bitch to get the bolt into the lower control arm. In hindsight I probably should've removed it, recompressed the spring and adjusted it.

The rears are simple. Literally took 20 minutes per side. Since I don't have a drive on lift, I compressed each corner with the floor jack to just where it was about to lift the car off the jack stand then tightened the lower bolts.

Overall I'm not super impressed. The car looks nice and I wanted a "mild" drop but it is almost hard to tell if the car was even lowered. I may buy the updated springs from Eibach but the thought of tearing the front end all apart again isn't too exciting and also think another inch lower in the front may be too much.

Other note. The small plastic fender clips that the frunk snaps into when you put it all back together are crazy weak. Pretty sure I snapped 3 of them on the driver's side.

I will say the car drives great. Quite a bit firmer with a solid planted feel. FWIW, I did trim the bump stop on the front as per the directions.

• Helpful
Reactions: fritzner