Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally!! Eibach has a SR+ lowering spring.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed my set this past weekend, so far so good:

Couple notes,
  • Good to have two jacks, or a bottle jack handy
  • You need a larger Tork Set
  • I removed the whole assembly, much easier than I thought
  • The strut nut was a pain - I had to hold a socket with vise grips and run an allen wrench through the top of the socket
    • One strut cam off with the impact
  • A long pry bar is handy to adjust the sway bar vs wrestling with it.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can recall at this time.
If you lift the entire front end the sway bar won’t fight you.

Just installed my set this past weekend, so far so good:

Couple notes,
  • Good to have two jacks, or a bottle jack handy
  • You need a larger Tork Set
  • I removed the whole assembly, much easier than I thought
  • The strut nut was a pain - I had to hold a socket with vise grips and run an allen wrench through the top of the socket
    • One strut cam off with the impact
  • A long pry bar is handy to adjust the sway bar vs wrestling with it.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can recall at this time.

How much did you cut the bump stops? Eibach sent me this and said same for E10-87-001-04-22:
IMG_0800.jpg

I'd highly recommend anyone installing lowering springs to trim the bump stops - especially the rear ones. Although you don't need to remove the rear shocks to change out the springs, they are super easy to get out so the benefit, imo, outweighs the bit of extra work. Unlike many cars where you have to unbolt the top of the rear shocks from the interior (needing interior panel removal) the TM3 shocks have top bolts from underneath so it's super easy. Many have already said it already but lowering springs will reduce your shock travel (stroke) by an equal amount to the ride height reduction. This means uncut bump stops are going to be that much closer to being hit - which is not a pleasant thing. For the SR+ (and LR RWD) the recommended trimming is greater for the rear shock meaning it is more likely to contact the bump stop in the back compared to the front. Driving in most circumstances you will probably not notice any difference but if you are in a situation where your shock travel compresses enough and hits the bump stop, you will wish you trimmed it. In fact, it is possible you may never hit the uncut bump stops depending on road conditions and driving style but there's a reason why Eibach recommends trimming so why not just follow what these engineers say since the extra effort is marginal.

For me I went the super over-the-top route and made a trimming guide template to ensure I cut off exactly what Eibach recommended.

Yeah, a bit over the top. You just cut off the last bump of the bump stop. No need to measure.

I came home on a very windy backroad with plenty of dips, 200lbs of smoker pellets in the trunk and my 15 year old son in the passenger seat. Never felt any harsh bumps on the back end. The bump stops are a “progressive” style anyway.

I installed the Eibach ("04") on my 2020 SR on Friday ... here are some before (top) and after (bottom) pics with 15/20mm BLOX spacers and 18" Aero wheels.
Measurements are ~28.5-28.75" before and ~27.25-27.5" after.
I cut the bumpstops front and rear.
Honestly, I am pleasantly surprised that the front is a little lower than I expected ... but I think overall the stance is about perfect.
Took a short road trip yesterday with 4 people in the car (2 teenagers) and it was a very comfortable ride.

Attachments

• 20200410_171853.jpg
    20200410_171853.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 20200412_121316.jpg
    20200412_121316.jpg
    720.8 KB · Views: 645
  • 20200412_121416.jpg
    20200412_121416.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 602
  • 20200412_121442.jpg
    20200412_121442.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
I installed the Eibach ("04") on my 2020 SR on Friday ... here are some before (top) and after (bottom) pics with 15/20mm BLOX spacers and 18" Aero wheels.
Honestly, I am pleasantly surprised that the front is a little lower than I expected ... but I think overall the stance is about perfect.
Took a short road trip yesterday with 4 people in the car (2 teenagers) and it was a very comfortable ride.
Looks good! .... I wonder how much of a drop I'd get on my MR...

Car looks awesome , still waiting the tax return, but this is a must in my car

Reactions: fritzner
Looks good! .... I wonder how much of a drop I'd get on my MR...

The MR is heavier than the SR, so you would get more drop.
I thought that the MR is closer in weight to the LR RWD, but I can't find the numbers at the moment.
I'm not sure if it would be better for you to go with either SR or LR RWD springs ... I would contact Eibach directly and ask them.
They were great via email and phone when I was shopping for my springs.

The MR is heavier than the SR, so you would get more drop.
I thought that the MR is closer in weight to the LR RWD, but I can't find the numbers at the moment.
I'm not sure if it would be better for you to go with either SR or LR RWD springs ... I would contact Eibach directly and ask them.
They were great via email and phone when I was shopping for my springs.
Long range RWD is only like 287lbs heavier than the SR+. MR is probably right in there too.