Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I financed through California Credit Union . 1.47% for 60 months, 0 down, 100% of the purchase price and the option to defer the 1st payment for 90 days. The 1.47% includes a .5% discount for setting up auto-pay via a checking account with them. I'll be automatically transferring payment from my primary Chase account to the CA CU account, pretty easy to do. An Experian score of 730 and higher is required.

Do take note that the formula CACU uses for calculating your Experian credit score differs from what you would see if you were to pay the $10-$20 one time fee to pull your report from Experian directly. My score direct from Experian was over 800, CACU showed 750 based on their calculations.

DCU is offering 1.49% (including Tesla discount and direct deposit discount, which must come from your work HR/payroll) for 65 months, max $75,000.

Technology Credit Union is offering 100% financing, 5.5 years, 3.74%, but they are participating in the Resale Value Guarantee

I am leaning towards Alliant, since they have a competitive rate, seem to be the most flexible and easiest to work with (took me awhile to get a DCU agent on the phone).

Hope the information helps others.

Last edited:
I just financed a BMW with DCU for 1.74% , no .5 % EV discount for this one. Will go with DCU for the Tesla next year (X delay reasons). Not sure if these rates will be around then. Also thinking of refinancing my HELOC with them, currently at prime +.5% and annual fee. They offer prime -.25/.5% and no annual fee.

I just closed my loan with Alliant and wanted to restate how easy it is to work with them! Everything was done via email and even signed the final loan documents online via Docusign. I didn't have to provide any detailed documentation, tax forms, etc. I was approved almost instantly for the loan.

Alliant is one of Tesla's biggest partners, so they are very familiar with the whole process. They even FedEx'd the check to Tesla within a few minutes of me signing the documents online so that I could schedule delivery asap.

I just closed my loan with Alliant and wanted to restate how easy it is to work with them! Everything was done via email and even signed the final loan documents online via Docusign. I didn't have to provide any detailed documentation, tax forms, etc. I was approved almost instantly for the loan.

Alliant is one of Tesla's biggest partners, so they are very familiar with the whole process. They even FedEx'd the check to Tesla within a few minutes of me signing the documents online so that I could schedule delivery asap.

We're with Alliant now as well. Curious what rates they gave you?

I got 1.49% for 60 months, 100% finance from Alliant using a promo code that I received in email, I think because I previously had a loan with them. I can't tell if the code is unique to me, otherwise I would share it. It might be worth asking if they have any promos if you apply. It ends 12/31.

I got 1.49% for 60 months, 100% finance from Alliant using a promo code that I received in email, I think because I previously had a loan with them. I can't tell if the code is unique to me, otherwise I would share it. It might be worth asking if they have any promos if you apply. It ends 12/31.

Thanks for posting this. We finance with Alliant and will be again in a week or so. I'll have to ask about this.

Anybody have more recent info / suggestions on financing? By more recent, more Feb 2016 than Dec 2015.

From other comments, I know that I'll be calling Alliant, Point West, and Penfed credit union when the weekend is over. I'd prefer being in the 7 year range than 5 or 6 year range, but I'm not seeing <2% rates at the longer duration.

Thanks