Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearm storage pictures only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bigger question to the OP is...Is the firearm you are mounting your secondary weapon, and if its not, why is it not on you. It does you no good when you step out the car. CCW's save lives. If its your backup, and no need to conceal it, consider something with a higher capacity.

All respectfully stated.

Not to speak for the OP, but there's always someplace it's not legal to carry that you might drive to.

Schools and child-care facilities being probably the most common, but in some states it's a significantly longer list.... and quite a number of workplaces don't allow them either.

Not sure where I said to carry in places that its illegal. I reread what I wrote, thats not in there.

Im familiar with where you can and cannot carry a concealed weapon, and where even local LE cannot carry.

But I do look forward to your daily lectures on "Autopilot was not meant to do that" "Thats why its called BETA" "The manual specifically states its not to be used that way"....etc. :) ...wink wink

Reactions: X-pilot
I’m not going through these videos because it’s always human error or some dumb aśś playing with guns The Glock has internal safety mechanisms to prevent a Glock from going off once it’s dropped, the best thing to do is Let it drop! When people shoot themselves in the butt, it’s because they attempted to grab the gun while in the air. Thank god he got it in the butt and not in the head. I like the magnet idea for my Ruger LCP or the Glock 22.

Fred

Not sure where I said to carry in places that its illegal. I reread what I wrote, thats not in there.

Lemme help remind you what IS in there-you asked:

why is it not on you

"because he is going from the car to someplace it's not legal to carry" would be an example of a reason it would not be on him, but left in the car.

Not sure where you're unclear at a direct answer to your literal question.

CCW holders, as I referenced, have specific rules to abide by. Since you dont have one

Glad you're continuing your streak of being wrong about stuff :)

you wouldnt know its spelled out for the CCW holder on where they can/cant go.

Yup...wrong AGAIN.

This varies by state.

In some states no training or education is required at all to get a carry permit, so no, they're absolutely not informed where they can and can not go.

Even in states where training is required, laws often change after the training and no notice is sent to permit holders when that happens, so if you're not keeping an eye on such things you can easily find the rules have changed after the fact.

Further in some states the rules can vary by the policy of individual counties, cities, or businesses and can change at any time with 0 notice at all.

Though how ANY of that is relevant to the fact you continue to act confused someone answered the question YOU asked remains a mystery.

( My entire response was slanted towards that.

Your entire response included you asking why someone would leave their CC gun in the car instead of take it with them.

My reply literally and directly answered your question

You seem incredibly confused by someone answering a question you asked and appear to be making up fictional things about them in reply.

It's a pretty weird response.... is the lockdown getting to you or something?

Good question, have to ask geico .......hahahahah I don't keep one in the chamber so not an issue

ok, now we need to pivot the debate from pro-gun vs anti-gun to whether it's wise to carry in condition 3 :D
I love meeting Tesla owners who carry. I think it's great to break the stereotypes for both groups.

On-topic - I actually really like your magnet solution and the location. I was considering the back part of the console near the 9V only cause I have 2 gaming controllers up front!

For those who are wondering, these are super strong magnets. The ones I have can hold 45lb. I'm actually a bit worried that I'll damage the console walls tearing the gun off the magnet. Might need to check out weaker ones.

All depends on training methodology. If you train to always, everytime, without fail, charge the slide and then point then carry it in condition two. If you dont religiously train that way, carry it in condition three like it should be carried. And I have trained both types. Next we will pivot to safety on or safety off?

Reactions: android04
Just one opinion of course...but :)

Unless the gun is immediately ready to fire it's not a gun, it's a very ineffective club.

Carried properly (and working properly- so leaving out flawed designed that fire if you bump em too hard) it's physically impossible for it to fire unless you draw it and intentionally pull the trigger, so there's no need for additional safeguards beyond owning a proper holster (ie one that protects the trigger) and drawing the weapon properly.

Nothing I conceal carry even has a manual safety.

Reactions: android04
And when you ARE held up, feel free to PM me for purchase advise. The odds can only go for so long.

Same discussion I have with pit bull owners. "MY dog hasnt bitten anyone"...."Yup, till it does"

If I'm held up...I'll just give up everything that I have.

i don't walk around with anything worth my life.

I guess that's the difference.

I wonder....in the US.....are there more people that ARE held up than not?

What happens when your items arent enough ? I hate to rain on your parade, but you are a walking talking witness to an armed robbery. People that do armed robberies arent exactly first time offenders or nice. They will smoke you even when you give up everything they want and you are as passive as a sheep. Maybe try a different survival technique ?

Its not morally superior to be a victim and get killed.

Y’all are confusing me with these backwards conditions. :p

I’ve always known them as

3 = magazine in, chamber empty
2 = round chambered, hammer down
1 = round chambered, hammer cocked, safety on
0 = round chambered, hammer cocked, safety off

Condition 1 or 0 are the only acceptable to me and 1 only if you’ve trained extensively in pulling the safety off on draw. My XD and LCP have no options for 1, only my shield does and that’s only because I didn’t want to special order the safety less one.

And as far as the hold up argument. Some people are ok being a victim. Some aren’t.

Reactions: X-pilot
Just one opinion of course...but :)

Unless the gun is immediately ready to fire it's not a gun, it's a very ineffective club.

Carried properly (and working properly- so leaving out flawed designed that fire if you bump em too hard) it's physically impossible for it to fire unless you draw it and intentionally pull the trigger, so there's no need for additional safeguards beyond owning a proper holster (ie one that protects the trigger) and drawing the weapon properly.

Nothing I conceal carry even has a manual safety.
I agree with this. Law enforcement has mandated a loaded chamber since forever. And no pistol used by law enforcement has a safety (that I know of). Do cops have accidental discharges (or negligent discharges, or whatever terminology is in vogue)? Sometimes. But on balance, it’s universally agreed that the reduced time of employment outweighs the risk of a ND, especially if you train correctly.

As for ‘storage’ in a car, my opinion is that neither the magnet nor the glovebox are viable ‘storage’ options for walking away and leaving the gun there. Most police departments absolutely forbid their officers from ever leaving an duty firearm in a privately owned vehicle unattended because they invariably end up being stolen. Some feds allow it if it’s locked in a secure container that’s firmly attached to the vehicle, but that’s an expensive option.