Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Across the TMC forums and Tesla related subreddits, I've only seen one other person besides myself that has it. Seems to be going out very slowly.

In other news, I tried Navigate on Autopilot on the way to work this morning, and got the "NoW is temporarily unavailable for this drive, but should be available next time". That's two for two times it's failed since I got 2019.16. A very small sample size, and not conclusive, but I hope it doesn't indicate a problem with NoA on 2019.16 (and/or HW3, which I have).

Reactions: hcdavis3
Across the TMC forums and Tesla related subreddits, I've only seen one other person besides myself that has it. Seems to be going out very slowly.

In other news, I tried Navigate on Autopilot on the way to work this morning, and got the "NoW is temporarily unavailable for this drive, but should be available next time". That's two for two times it's failed since I got 2019.16. A very small sample size, and not conclusive, but I hope it doesn't indicate a problem with NoA on 2019.16 (and/or HW3, which I have).
I get the same message on 2019.12.1.2, but on a very specific on-ramp after leaving Disneyland getting on i5 Southbound. Every time I get the NoA not available until next drive. When I put it in park, NoA comes right back even without me stepping out of the car.

Edit: I have AP2.5

There was the unknown problem with mass rollout of 2019.12.1.1 that caused Tesla to release 2019.12.1.2 just a few days later, so maybe Tesla is being a bit more cautious now to avoid a repeat of that. I'd expect to see at least a limited number of 2019.16.x installs sometime this week.

There was the unknown problem with mass rollout of 2019.12.1.1 that caused Tesla to release 2019.12.1.2 just a few days later, so maybe Tesla is being a bit more cautious now to avoid a repeat of that. I'd expect to see at least a limited number of 2019.16.x installs sometime this week.

If I know anything about software devs, they will have deliberately avoided any major rollouts on the weekend. Maybe now that we're back during the work week they'll send out a few more.

If I know anything about software devs, they will have deliberately avoided any major rollouts on the weekend. Maybe now that we're back during the work week they'll send out a few more.

That's actually one bizarre thing I've noticed. In the past Tesla has definitely mass pushed out updates over the weekend and even right around major holidays. Elon must have them chained to their desks or something. :eek:

Considering that the only folks we know (granted, N=2) to have this have just gotten their cars, wondering if they are working through some HW3-related kinks.
It's possible. One thing that I'm noticing pretty consistently (need more drives to say for sure) is getting "Navigate on Autopilot is temporarily unavailable, but may be available next drive". That's happened pretty much every time I've used autopilot since getting 2019.16, and it never happened in the two days that I drove with 2019.12.1.2 (NoA worked as expected then).

I don't have enough data to say that it's happening all the time, but it's the only thing I've noticed that isn't working as expected with the new update.

It's possible. One thing that I'm noticing pretty consistently (need more drives to say for sure) is getting "Navigate on Autopilot is temporarily unavailable, but may be available next drive". That's happened pretty much every time I've used autopilot since getting 2019.16, and it never happened in the two days that I drove with 2019.12.1.2 (NoA worked as expected then).

I don't have enough data to say that it's happening all the time, but it's the only thing I've noticed that isn't working as expected with the new update.

I’ve encountered that same error once on 2019.12.1.2. Never seen it before on any previous version and has only popped up once so far for me.

Last edited: