Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9F1C13D0-0B4A-4DC2-B893-BDBFE04B89DB.jpeg
I feel like I won the lottery. I picked up my Model 3 yesterday (2019.12.1.2). Tonight I took my wife out on a date, and on the way home, I got my very first software update notification. Did the update just now, and it’s 2019.16. If I’m reading TeslaFi right, that means I’m one of the first to get the update, right?

I’m about to go to bed, but I kind of want to sneak out into the garage and see what’s new. Tomorrow, at least, I’ll check it out, and report back anything interesting I find. Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 406528 I feel like I won the lottery. I picked up my Model 3 yesterday (2019.12.1.2). Tonight I took my wife out on a date, and on the way home, I got my very first software update notification. Did the update just now, and it’s 2019.16. If I’m reading TeslaFi right, that means I’m one of the first to get the update, right?

I’m about to go to bed, but I kind of want to sneak out into the garage and see what’s new. Tomorrow, at least, I’ll check it out, and report back anything interesting I find. Let me know if you have any questions.

Can you post pics of the release notes? Someone else who got the latest firmware said they were missing features. Curious if yours is the same.

What is the most recent version that HW3 cars have? I got delivery 3 days ago and on version 2019.7.106
I got 2019.16 last night, and took delivery the day before. My build date is 5/19, so I’m assuming I have HW3, but I don’t know how to check for certain.

Not sure about missing features - updated late last night, and I haven’t been out to the garage yet to see.

I got 2019.16 last night, and took delivery the day before. My build date is 5/19, so I’m assuming I have HW3, but I don’t know how to check for certain.

Not sure about missing features - updated late last night, and I haven’t been out to the garage yet to see.

One way to tell if you have HW3 used to be if you had 2019.7.102 or 105 - those versions were HW3 exclusive.

2019.12.1.2 rolled out to HW3 as well as older APs. However, since you picked up your car in May, you very likely have HW3. I picked up mine on April 23, and I had 2019.7.105

There is no easy way to tell if you have HW3 since the Tesla API seems to return the code for HW2.5 regardless of whether you have HW2.5 or not.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
Car is connected to WiFi every night.. Hopefully soon..

If you don’t get it today, try doing a reset on the MCU by holding both thumb wheels down until the screen goes blank. That has kicked in a software update for some others in the past. With as fast as they rolled it out, I would expect they would want you off the old software ASAP.

The only sure fire ways were to see if your car was delivered with 7.102 or 7.105 (which yours wasn’t) or to look behind the glovebox and identify the computer itself. But, with yours being a 5/19 build, I’m 99.99% certain it’s HW3 since most of not all of the 4/19 cars were.

Update: went out and took some pictures this morning, of both the release notes (exactly the same as what has been posted elsewhere) and the new settings. It adds automatic Sentry Mode, the new lane departure warning/assist (which was NOT turned on by default), and the new car visualization. There's now a sentry mode icon in the top menu bar that you can tap to enable/disable. I ran some errands, and the auto sentry mode functionality works. Doesn't seem to manually turn off when I get back in the car, though (still shows the red "active" icon up in the menu bar - sorry no pictures). Also, I can't remember if it did this before (I've only had it a day), but now my car in the visualization shows when the brake lights/headlights/turn signals are on (didn't get pics of that because I was driving).

Overall, not a huge update, but adds some nice features. Here's an Imgur album of the settings/release notes:

Model 3 2019.16 software release notes and new features