Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New car visualizations are really good. I am noticing too that the grey lane lines are more fluid and will bend quite a lot when turning at intersections. Also, in residential neighborhoods, I am seeing grey lane lines for the driveable path now whereas before I would only see grey lane lines on actual roads. This could hint at a better NN now running in the car preparing for city self-driving.

But I did appear to get 2 bugs in this update:
1) Auto lane change only appears to work moving from the right lane into the left lane. Auto lane changes back from the left lane into the right lane did not appear to work for me.
2) If I set the lane departure avoidance setting to "assist", I get a warning saying that lane departure avoidance is limited. The message goes away when I set to "warning" only.

Anyone else seeing that?

Reactions: ibGeek
Are my eyes playing tricks or does new car visualization show white specs on the rear windshield? Does this symbolize dirt in those areas? That would be insane!

I think it appears when car is in drive or reverse mode zoomed up close.

Are my eyes playing tricks or does new car visualization show white specs on the rear windshield? Does this symbolize dirt in those areas? That would be insane!

I saw a post somewhere from somebody who claims that the visualization shows rain drops on the car when it detects rain. Could that be what you're seeing? (There's been no rain here in the ~5 hours since I got the update.)

Unless they activated the interior cabin camera there are no cameras that would have that vantage point

Am I the only one seeing these tiny white specs?
I know there's that one centered white circular dot when in reverse mode (not sure what that's supposed to represent other than Reverse mode...)

But these tiny white specs really do look like dirt! I'll have to grab a screenshot of it and post next time I'm in my car

Am I the only one seeing these tiny white specs?
I know there's that one centered white circular dot when in reverse mode (not sure what that's supposed to represent other than Reverse mode...)

But these tiny white specs really do look like dirt! I'll have to grab a screenshot of it and post next time I'm in my car
At night it shows stars if that’s what you’re seeing.

• Love
Reactions: PaulJohn
It's just a visualization, not actual video. :) There are Youtube videos of it, I don't have the update yet. Been checking all day though.

Yeah the original comment I was replying to was talking about visualizing dirt and in order to do that the car would be able to see the dirt via camera. I was just explaining there was no camera to do that.

I think it appears when car is in drive or reverse mode zoomed up close.

Reactions: ibGeek