Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, but I am actually genuinely curious as to what the issue is. I mean I could definitely understand if it was in beta for a month or two, but after, heck 8 months? Things happen, I get you. But what about iOS releases? Sure bugs exist there too, but I've never heard of someone not being able to turn their iPhone on after an update. I was just genuinely surprised that a significant bug as that could make it through a prolonged beta testing period.

Side note: Can you point to my consistently negative posts? I actually backed Tesla up just a few days ago regarding battery degradation once the facts came to light (you know to which thread I am referring). I also have a Model X reservation. I might be critical, but negative IMHO, is the wrong word.

Do we know that it was in beta testing for 8 months? Not trying to defend 6.0 if it has bugs but I doubt it was being beta tested that long.

I also got pushed .15 and installed it.

Center console still freezes and then reboots when trying to load from music from usb drive.

Had same issue on .13, though after one of the .13 crashes I could see/play music on usb.

I have reported the issue to Tesla.

Have you tried a different USB drive - have not problems playing off the USB drive under 5.9 or 6.0.

O

Yep, I was expecting someone to post something of that sort. There are hundreds of millions of iPhones out there and only ~50,000 MSs so the probability of an event occurring is far, far higher.

Do we know that it was in beta testing for 8 months? Not trying to defend 6.0 if it has bugs but I doubt it was being beta tested that long.

We don't know for a fact. All we have is Elon's word that public beta testing for 6.0 would begin as soon as issues with the 5.8 rollout were smoothed out. That was 7-8 months ago if memory serves.

Yep, I was expecting someone to post something of that sort. There are hundreds of millions of iPhones out there and only ~50,000 MSs so the probability of an event occurring is far, far higher.

The probabilities are unknown. Apple has a very tight supply chain with minimal third party electronics and most critical systems on a single chip of their own design. Tesla raided the parts bin from Mercedes, Nvidia, Parrot, etc. so it could be that a Tesla is actually more complicated than an iPhone. At least from a QA perspective.

I also got pushed .15 and installed it.

Center console still freezes and then reboots when trying to load from music from usb drive.

Had same issue on .13, though after one of the .13 crashes I could see/play music on usb.

I have reported the issue to Tesla.

Have you tried a different USB drive - have not problems playing off the USB drive under 5.9 or 6.0.

O

I have one USB that works and one (a 64 GB one) that doesn't (tries to load the content, freezes and reboots). They both previously worked. The one that now doesn't work had some folder and file names that used non ASCII characters. Previously anything named like that simply would not appear in the list. I thought this may have been the problem so last night tried to find and remove any folders and files named like that. Didn't seem to work (still crashes / reboots) but there's a chance I didn't find all of them.

If I get a chance I'll do some better testing to see if non ASCII filenames causes problem or not.

Do we need a new thread for bug reports?

Strange one tonight. 6.0 came yesterday. Tonight when we got home, plugged in the HPWC and all looked OK, but no lock click. Tried several times. Nothing. Then just as I was about to take a closer look, "click"! The ring turned green so we figured it was fine. Just before going to sleep I checked from the updated Android app. Oops! The app said the charge port was open but the charge cable was not plugged in. Went out to investigate and found everything looking fine. Pressed the button on the charge cable and it still looked OK. When I tried to unlock the port from the phone app it wouldn't work. So used the phone app to unlock the car. That worked just fine. Then pressing the button on the charge cable released the lock. Pulled out the cable and put it right back. Immediate click and blue went green. Watched the phone app show that the charge would start at midnight as scheduled. Not sure why, but it seems like it finally worked. Never had issues like this before.

How does one know when a maps update occurs?

Folks who've received the update say there is a popup telling them that the maps have been updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange one tonight. 6.0 came yesterday. Tonight when we got home, plugged in the HPWC and all looked OK, but no lock click. Tried several times. Nothing. Then just as I was about to take a closer look, "click"! The ring turned green so we figured it was fine. Just before going to sleep I checked from the updated Android app. Oops! The app said the charge port was open but the charge cable was not plugged in. Went out to investigate and found everything looking fine. Pressed the button on the charge cable and it still looked OK. When I tried to unlock the port from the phone app it wouldn't work. So used the phone app to unlock the car. That worked just fine. Then pressing the button on the charge cable released the lock. Pulled out the cable and put it right back. Immediate click and blue went green. Watched the phone app show that the charge would start at midnight as scheduled. Not sure why, but it seems like it finally worked. Never had issues like this before.

This has happened once in a while to me. It appears to happen when I insert the charge cable too fast. If I don't hear two clicks, I back it out immediately and try again. I've never had a problem any time two clicks are heard.

Ugh. I read 9 pages of this thread and then tried a search but didn't see this come up: the first detent on the turn signal stalk would cause the turn signal to blink 3 times to signal a lane change. Yesterday my car was in to repair a seized window regulator, new tires, underbody shield, blah blah. The loaner had 6.0, and I was annoyed to find that the stalk didn't function the same way. No lane change 3 blinks at first detent. I figured it was just that car. Well, they informed me when I picked up my car that they had loaded 6.0 for me and guess what? Now my car does the same thing. I love the other updates but am super annoyed with that stalk behavior. Am I the only one who used it???

6.0+

Just got a message about an update but I already have 6.0. I set it to update around 10am. If I get done sooner I'll move the timing.

UPDATE: looks to be the same release notes as 6.0. My version now is 6.0(1.65.15) didn't look after I updated to 6.0 so I'm not sure what it was before. MODS can change title to version if they want.

Last edited:
Ugh. I read 9 pages of this thread and then tried a search but didn't see this come up: the first detent on the turn signal stalk would cause the turn signal to blink 3 times to signal a lane change. Yesterday my car was in to repair a seized window regulator, new tires, underbody shield, blah blah. The loaner had 6.0, and I was annoyed to find that the stalk didn't function the same way. No lane change 3 blinks at first detent. I figured it was just that car. Well, they informed me when I picked up my car that they had loaded 6.0 for me and guess what? Now my car does the same thing. I love the other updates but am super annoyed with that stalk behavior. Am I the only one who used it???
Really? Why would they remove it?