Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has many different names, It is called "Smartbeam" by Gentex (one of the earlier developers of the technology). Info here -> Automotive Products | Gentex

Since the stalk can stay in the high beam position always, wouldnt this be considered a true auto high beam? With my 911, I have the auto high beam LED package; however, I have to reset it every time because the stalk doesnt have the same fixed position like the P85D high beam stalk does...

My P85D took closer to 1:45 for the update...

My P85D also took about 1:45. I got worried at first that it wasn't working because it took so long that I called Service. They confirmed it was running but could not tell me a progress percentage. I haven't tested it much yet, but so far it also seems to have addressed the issue I was having with static or vibration in the driver side, front speaker.

Front camera blocked? Dirty radar area?

Nope, cleaned the windshield to be sure. Nothing on the radar.

I left my house and parked at home depot. Everything worked as expected for that part of the trip. TACC worked fine, although only really mattered one time right before I turned into the parking lot.

Went in home depot (~10 minutes) and returned. Turned at a light, went to engage cruise, *beep beep beep* "! Cruise Not Available." wtf?

Drove a little bit and turned into a big empty parking lot. Accel to 20, engage cruise, same thing. Stopped. Rebooted both screens. Got out, got back in. Tried again, same problem.

Called Tesla. Tech said there was a problem and they'll need to schedule a ranger visit... :confused:

Drove back. On the way I noticed I wasn't getting speed or lane departure warnings.

However, cruise worked again after a bit. TACC worked nicely for the ~8 miles back. Followed a few cars in front all the way to a light and brought the car to a stop. After the light turned green, I tapped the accelerator and it did the rest. Got all the way to my last turn, made that turn, had cruise set at ~25. Was fine going through the development and then all of a sudden cruise cut off "Cruise not available". *sigh*

Edit: I was running my GoPro the whole time...

Nope, cleaned the windshield to be sure. Nothing on the radar.I left my house and parked at home depot. Everything worked as expected for that part of the trip. TACC worked fine, although only really mattered one time right before I turned into the parking lot.Went in home depot (~10 minutes) and returned. Turned at a light, went to engage cruise, *beep beep beep* "! Cruise Not Available." wtf?Drove a little bit and turned into a big empty parking lot. Accel to 20, engage cruise, same thing. Stopped. Rebooted both screens. Got out, got back in. Tried again, same problem.Called Tesla. Tech said there was a problem and they'll need to schedule a ranger visit... :confused:Drove back. On the way I noticed I wasn't getting speed or lane departure warnings.However, cruise worked again after a bit. TACC worked nicely for the ~8 miles back. Followed a few cars in front all the way to a light and brought the car to a stop. After the light turned green, I tapped the accelerator and it did the rest. Got all the way to my last turn, made that turn, had cruise set at ~25. Was fine going through the development and then all of a sudden cruise cut off "Cruise not available". *sigh*Edit: I was running my GoPro the whole time...
Sounds like something flaky in your camera module - either a loose connection or an intermittent problem in the module itself.Walter

Sounds like something flaky in your camera module - either a loose connection or an intermittent problem in the module itself.Walter

The speed limit stuff and lane departure stuff was working perfectly since I got the car. Worked fine on the first part of today's trip too. I find it hard to believe that the update happens and then coincidentally a loose connection happens...

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of frames from my gopro video.

vlcsnap-2015-01-09-14h27m34s12.png
vlcsnap-2015-01-09-14h28m52s82.png

Called Tesla. Tech said there was a problem and they'll need to schedule a ranger visit... :confused:

I figured I'll share my experience with Tesla service. So far they have nothing but praise from me. ...
While of course anyone would prefer to never need to have their car in for service, I think it is worth noting that with Tesla the experience is completely painless. Overall, my experiences with Tesla will probably have me pretty loyal to them for my auto needs in the future. They certainly have some communication issues on the sales side of things, but for the service end definitely top notch.

Maybe they just really liked all the nice things you said about them yesterday, miss you, and want to see you again! :)

I know older cars won't be getting a lot of the new features since they lack the hardware but 'Smart Conditioning' would be helpful... tired of standing on the roof of my office on 20F mornings to get a cell signal so I can defrost my car after a long night shift :cursing:.

Anyone with an older car get the update yet?

You will get Smart Conditioning, does not need the new hardware.

Anyone else surprised blind spot assist software didn't make this release? IMHO, that was the more important item on the to do list for auto pilot cars. Pardon me if previously addressed. I tried to keep up with the thread the best I could.

Agreed, I thought BSI was the low hanging fruit. Wonder if they're having some issues getting it to work correctly.

3 PHASE FAST CHARGING IS PLAYING UP

I initially thought it was my home charger, but I tried it at a public point, and getting some very odd behaviour. Don't think it will effect US owners, but us European guys might want to hang fire if they regularly use public points.

I am going to phone Tesla about the issue now

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed this in the discussion, but do the reverse lines only show up while you're actually in reverse and then turn off when you put it in drive (for those of us who like to leave the reverse camera on all the time)?

I'll bet you it's not that crude. If they really had such troubles with the overlay I think they would drop the feature rather than release what you are thinking of.