Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of firmware updates... my fiance's P85 is several updates behind. She is still on a 6.0 revision that has issues with the navigation line display (1.x.28 or something)... wonder if I should shoot an email to service about that...

I don't want to freak you out, but you should probably call the service center. When I had the update fail on my P85 it started causing all kinds of annoyance problems. :( Happened to me at 5.11 to 6.0. I had the 6.0 features, but things were a little wacky after a few days. Touchscreen not responding and hanging, even the speedo would freeze for a few seconds then pop back in place. The service center reset something remotely and it worked again...

Better have them check it out, at least remotely.

Thanks.

I did pop in to Bellevue service center today (thanks Jobi and Marie). They checked. Car was safe, though registering a fail on the update of the parking sensors... Yep, they're not working correctly. Tesla are going to update it next week manually

Thanks.

I did pop in to Bellevue service center today (thanks Jobi and Marie). They checked. Car was safe, though registering a fail on the update of the parking sensors... Yep, they're not working correctly. Tesla are going to update it next week manually

np. At least it was just the parking sensors and not a bunch of other stuff like on mine.

Anybody have a clear idea as to why exactly does the Smart Preconditioning need both Home and Work locations set in the navigator? I set the Smart Preconditioning on as soon as I got 6.1, but then began to wonder why I didn't get the "Learning..." text that is shown in the screen capture at the page 3 of this thread. Today I decided to make sure whether I have Home and Work locations set up. Turned out I did not have Home setup at all. After setting that, now I got the "Learning..." string visible.

Is this because the preconditioning ONLY works for commutes between home and work? It would be nice if it also learned some other repeated trips (in my case I play volleyball certain days a week, it would be nice that I didn't have to manually precondition the car for these trips). But the requirement for those Home and Work places makes me suspect it is limited to home and work for some reason.

I also wonder if it will precondition for my work to home commute, as I have no charging option at work. I don't mind using battery power for cabin preheat.

I guess we shall see in the coming weeks. :)