Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mj - Tesla updated the steering wheel controls. To place a call press top right button. Scroll wheel defaults to previous media used. Lower right hand is the menu that used to be brought up with a scroll press.

Scroll wheel defaults to last function, not media. I leave it on climate control, so rolling the wheel instantly changes temps (in 6.0 there where two clicks to get to the point where you could scroll temps) and pushing the wheel toggles the climate control on/off.

I got a call from the SC regarding my parking sensor appointment on Monday. It sounds like they're going to install 6.1 manually on Monday, but strongly expect I'll have it by the end of the weekend. They didn't confirm explicitly, but it sounds like they expect the rollout to complete in the next few days. He also noted that unlike past rollouts, corporate wasn't allowing cars to be scheduled for early installs, which echos some of the comments earlier in the thread.

So one way or another I'll have 6.1 when they start testing the sensors, which is good.
Turns out this was false. I took my car in and a few hours later they had me come pick it back up. They couldn't update it to 6.1, and they decided there's no reason to spend a week debugging problems in an area they just changed substantially, so it just got sent home. They updated to a newer 6.0, but that doesn't really do much for my situation.

I'm starting to get annoyed at this. Over a year with malfunctioning sensors now and they call me to have me come in to try a fix and to debug for a week, only to find out they can't even do it having wasted everyone's time. Not impressed.

Turns out this was false. I took my car in and a few hours later they had me come pick it back up. They couldn't update it to 6.1, and they decided there's no reason to spend a week debugging problems in an area they just changed substantially, so it just got sent home. They updated to a newer 6.0, but that doesn't really do much for my situation.

I'm starting to get annoyed at this. Over a year with malfunctioning sensors now and they call me to have me come in to try a fix and to debug for a week, only to find out they can't even do it having wasted everyone's time. Not impressed.

Yeah, that's a pretty sad situation. Even if they can't load it from the service center, you'd think they could just hold onto the car and request engineering to specifically target your car for download (I know they can to that). Then they could proceed with the debug work.

I"ve had 6.1 on my car for a couple weeks now, but today I got another software update notification. Do they get sent twice sometimes or could this be another new version?

I just got the update and am installing it now. It says that the car needs 1 hour 40 minutes for the update, so it looks to be a bigger update. I could not pull up the release notes so I don't know what it contains. Hopefully the torque idling software and a revised power delivery curve to get the 0-60 time below 3 seconds and the 1/4 mile time to bellow 11 seconds.:wink:

I just got the update and am installing it now. It says that the car needs 1 hour 40 minutes for the update, so it looks to be a bigger update. I could not pull up the release notes so I don't know what it contains. Hopefully the torque idling software and a revised power delivery curve to get the 0-60 time below 3 seconds and the 1/4 mile time to bellow 11 seconds.:wink:

*fingers crossed* ;)

Glad to know they are still rolling out the updates and I have not Missed mine. My wifi does not seem to be as strong as it used to be in my garage, so not getting a notification had me wondering if I may not have a strong enough signal to receive 6.1. I've never missed any in the past so... I'll just have to be patient.

Glad to know they are still rolling out the updates and I have not Missed mine. My wifi does not seem to be as strong as it used to be in my garage, so not getting a notification had me wondering if I may not have a strong enough signal to receive 6.1. I've never missed any in the past so... I'll just have to be patient.
It will be interesting to see what the current firmware version is since many of us that are already on 6.1 are getting upgrade notices. Perhaps you are skipping over 6.1 altogether.

I got the new firmware notification also for my P85D. See failure thread if you're curious on some back story of the vehicle.

I've started the software update already and it says it'll take 1:40. That feels longer than other updates -- is that accurate? My prediction is that this update includes active blind spot detection and a first iteration of motor throttling.

Still on the initial 6.0 that has map issues in my fiance's P85, no notifications on my P85D (on 6.1) for another update either. I'll keep a Wifi eye out.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoke too soon, looks like the P85D just finished downloading an update. It's installing now. Says 1hr40m, so, probably someone else will post before I do. My money is on no change to the release notes and an increment on the 2.2.92 to ... 2.3.06. Just a wild guess. lol

6.1 was reported out 11 days ago. In past it has taken at least 6 weeks to propagate update. Though you'd never gather from forum, vast majority of owners probably don't have it yet. The new notification for those already on 6.1 is probably bug fixes but still 6.1.