Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where in VT do you see this?

If you don't see it here, only see your VIN, click on it ;)

version.png

Just click on on the VIN button

Where in VT do you see this?

- - - Updated - - -

yes, the new version is .139
Service Center is installing it on mine right now - as part of the brake issue service call - though I have no idea what are all in the new version. Will know when I get the P85D back later today.

I'd appreciate it if you could PM me with the SC findings - thank you

I just took a quick look through the release notes. I couldnt find any mention of torque sleep. The Ranger was still working on programing my TPMS so I didnt want to get in the way. Sorry to be the bearer bad news.
No normal mode either? Not necessary that the notes mentions this... I am madly refreshing this thread and other related ones to see any glimmer of the infamous sleeper-firmware;)

If you don't see it here, only see your VIN, click on it ;)

View attachment 71091

Just click on on the VIN button

Thanks guys, I knew about this button - I misunderstood that richrootes was able to see the *pending* version that would be updated to BEFORE the update actually occurred. Looks like I was wrong (would be a cool feature though! that and release notes prior to updating... hello, Tesla?!)

sure seems odd that they would have 3 releases in such a short time from with the same release notes no? (113, 115, and 139)

This is quite common. That appears to be part of propagation strategy. Beta period, followed by slow rollout across a wide range of specs with frequent dot releases to address issues and anomalies discovered along the way. Release notes generally remain same.

sure seems odd that they would have 3 releases in such a short time from with the same release notes no? (113, 115, and 139)

Not really all that odd. If you look at some of the other major releases, they go through quite a few releases during the first few weeks. 5.9 had 5 releases the first month as did 6.0. With the .139 release, this makes the 5th 6.1 release since January 8th so will probably also be 5 in the first month.

This is quite common. That appears to be part of propagation strategy. Beta period, followed by slow rollout across a wide range of specs with frequent dot releases to address issues and anomalies discovered along the way. Release notes generally remain same.

I'm in software and the close proximity releases with the exact same notes and no bug fix notations just seems odd to me.

I'm in software and the close proximity releases with the exact same notes and no bug fix notations just seems odd to me.

I wouldn't consider them version release notes, more like a Major Feature list. It's always been like that. TM isn't going to list 50 little bugs they fixed between .113 and .115. Even acknowledging that they released production firmware with any bugs would be a free-for-all for the shorts.