Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one (else) with a PD still on .11x ?! I'm still on .113 with no sign of an update. Full WiFi connectivity at home hasn't helped. Having to go to the Burlingame service center just to get .140 doesn't sound appealing. Meanwhile, my car's wasting away Wh...

I'm still on .113 and waiting.

I sent an email to [email protected] this morning about this and they promptly replied indicating that the car had stopped downloading the update earlier for some reason. They suggested rebooting the touchscreen which I did. The download promptly finished up after. I now have 2.2.139!

Great service, again.

Even though my car is on a fast wifi network and has received all previous firmware updates quite early in the cycle (first few hours of U.S. reports, typically), my P85D still does not have .140. Is it possible something went wrong with the download? I did notice a "touchscreen failure... needs Tesla service" error the day after the .140 release, which I fixed by rebooting the computer by holding down both scroll wheels for about 10 seconds, and the touchscreen hasn't had this error since. I wonder if .140 was being downloaded, but the download/pre-installation was disrupted by the touchscreen failure error, and now is how in some type of purgatory

tesla pushes them out on their own phased schedule. they don't push them out all at once. this is intentional. if they did it to the whole fleet at once and there was a mistake the last thing we need is 50k bricked Model S's that don't turn on. That being said, sometimes it takes months to get the releases. again it's quite normal. just be patient and you'll get it eventually. for me, I usually get updates about 2 months after the first people start reporting it. FWIW I just got 6.1 a week or two ago, lol so i'm not even close to getting the minor patch release updates yet.

I sent an email to [email protected] this morning about this and they promptly replied indicating that the car had stopped downloading the update earlier for some reason. They suggested rebooting the touchscreen which I did. The download promptly finished up after. I now have 2.2.139!

Great service, again.

Boom! Time to test out Torque Sleep.

I was about to say with all the recent posts that seem to indicate .139/.140 had halted maybe Tesla found a bug and would resume with something above those 2 versions.

Even though my car is on a fast wifi network and has received all previous firmware updates quite early in the cycle (first few hours of U.S. reports, typically), my P85D still does not have .140. Is it possible something went wrong with the download? I did notice a "touchscreen failure... needs Tesla service" error the day after the .140 release, which I fixed by rebooting the computer by holding down both scroll wheels for about 10 seconds, and the touchscreen hasn't had this error since. I wonder if .140 was being downloaded, but the download/pre-installation was disrupted by the touchscreen failure error, and now is how in some type of purgatory

Same deal here. I received 139 on the first day. But 140 is nowhere to be seen. And I didn't have any of the issues that you're reporting, so I think it's like just scheduling.

I have an early P85. I'm on .115. Took it in to service last Friday 1-30 because an update had failed twice and it said it needed service. Also a couple other issues. Still on .115 and haven't had any new FW download since. Do any others with P85 have later FW? I may try rebooting if they do.

A little birdie told me the software update with the speed increase for the P85D is coming in the next few days/

I sure hope you're right! I just got challenged by a rear wheel drive custom electric car at cars and coffee today for a 1/8th mile race at a nearby drag strip and that will be happening at the end of this month or early March. On paper, I'm in trouble with 0-60 at 3.1, gonna need to get into the 2's to give this guy a good race unless he gets a bad start, would rather beat him straight up if possible! One thing is for sure, electric vs electric, it should be a really quiet run! ;)

I sure hope you're right! I just got challenged by a rear wheel drive custom electric car at cars and coffee today for a 1/8th mile race at a nearby drag strip and that will be happening at the end of this month or early March. On paper, I'm in trouble with 0-60 at 3.1, gonna need to get into the 2's to give this guy a good race unless he gets a bad start, would rather beat him straight up if possible! One thing is for sure, electric vs electric, it should be a really quiet run! ;)

Both All Wheel Drive? You may find that the P85D traction control wins the day. Pray for rain.

P85D (with 19" wheels, though I don't think that matters), 0.139 firmware still.
I have received every firmware update within a few hours of the earliest posting reporting the firmware on TMC, but my car hasn't received .140 yet even though it's been released for days.

Did Tesla stop pushing .140? Has anyone received .140 in the last 24 hours? Are any other P85D owners still waiting for .140?

Thanks!
I am in the same situation as you with my P85D. Received all the other updates within hours of when others were reporting getting it, but with .140 I am still waiting.

Both All Wheel Drive? You may find that the P85D traction control wins the day. Pray for rain.

You're right, the other car is rear wheel only, but has 750 HP, Drag slicks, and 1800 lb ft of torque. Rain would be a big help but I assume we would reschedule if that's the case because I'm pretty sure the P85D would win big time in that situation. :)

Common Elon, need that software update :)

I'm getting the sense that they may have stopped pushing it out. I had every update in fairly short order after it was showing up on the forum....now nothing. And, speaking with Service, they don't see it being queued.

Anyone receive it in the last 24hrs or so?

tesla pushes them out on their own phased schedule. they don't push them out all at once. this is intentional. if they did it to the whole fleet at once and there was a mistake the last thing we need is 50k bricked Model S's that don't turn on. That being said, sometimes it takes months to get the releases. again it's quite normal. just be patient and you'll get it eventually. for me, I usually get updates about 2 months after the first people start reporting it. FWIW I just got 6.1 a week or two ago, lol so i'm not even close to getting the minor patch release updates yet.

Don't you get tired of having to repeat this over and over and over again.

A little birdie told me the software update with the speed increase for the P85D is coming in the next few days

Historically, Tesla Motors alters its website or introduces new prices, functionality or features in the days leading up to the next Earnings Release/Conference call.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 0.1-second speed update was propagated today, tomorrow or Wednesday morning.