Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess I missed this in the last .xxx release. How do you use Torque Sleep? Did we get the "Normal Mode" and I didn't notice it? My commute is only 18miles, so mostly I use the Torque Super-Awake mode :)

You don't have to do anything for the car to make use of torque sleep, though it will make use of it more if range mode is on. There is not a "Normal Mode."

I did start a couple of threads that relate to being able to keep range mode on more easily now that there's a reason to do so. Since you drive a P85D, check the following thread, and the one linked to it in the first post.

Would you use battery heating if it were available?

.167, it is. Running through the settings, found Steering to have changed to Standard; I'm 90% sure we had it in Sport before the update. Always a good thing to review the settings after an update, I guess.

I usually snap pics of everything while the countdown is going. Nothing different that I can see besides the larger "Places" button and wider driver profile dropdown list, as mentioned above.

Mine finished installing. It's .167.
38c0f0a7bf168fec26f3799adc58bb15.jpg

Release notes are the same.

Nothing different that I can see besides the larger "Places" button and wider driver profile dropdown list, as mentioned above.

I wonder if the wider driver profile dropdown list could be a step in the direction of eventually linking the key fobs to the driver profiles. Yeah, I know--I'm probably grasping at straws. On the other hand, I'm sure it's not a random change.

Yup I got .167 on my 85D. I haven't driven anywhere really but the one thing I immediately noticed is that the 85D logo the D was red (like on a P85D) in the previous version and on this version it's black. The badging on the back of the 85D has the D in black and I noticed this inconsistency in my first impressions post. So there's at least one thing they changed.

Ok, there might be an issue though will check the car manually shortly...

i can can no longer login using private builds of VisibleTesla (using owner-api) on .167. Might be that something went wrong with update... Started it and walked away.

trying both Android and IOS tesla apps show only "waking car" every time I try. Anyone else having issue with app and 167? :-(

Im wishing here, though maybe this release is a prerequisite for dev keys, and thereby the elusive app developer program? ;-)

Yup I got .167 on my 85D. I haven't driven anywhere really but the one thing I immediately noticed is that the 85D logo the D was red (like on a P85D) in the previous version and on this version it's black. The badging on the back of the 85D has the D in black and I noticed this inconsistency in my first impressions post. So there's at least one thing they changed.

It is? Maybe that changed on the outside too.
P85Dred.jpg

It is? Maybe that changed on the outside too.

I'm not talking about the P85D badging. I'm talking about the 85D badging. The D on an 85D is black not red like with the P85D but the software showed it as red (until .167).

iJKGxtq.jpg

You can see how it was showing in .140 just barely on the instrument panel here (I know it's out of focus but this was the best picture I could find of it)
86x9L5Q.jpg

Those are actually another members (eco5280) car and not mine I didn't happen to have pictures handy that would show this so I borrowed his.

Car needs service, power reduced

This may not be related to 6.1 so apologies if this is off topic. After getting version.167 installed I had to go out for about 1 1/2 hours or so. I didn't really notice anything different or unusual though I was wondering if one of the motors was making a higher whine than normal (probably the front). Just as I was approaching my home I got an alert to say that the car needs service and the power was reduced. I did do one 1/2 launch shortly before the problem occurred (just aggressive throttle really).

I was wondering if one of the motors had been shutdown but the person I talked to in technical support seemed skeptical as there were no other log messages. I didn't really notice the reduced power though I was taking it easy; however, if the front motor had been shut down presumably I wouldn't notice unless I did a launch or something.
After I got home I talked to Tesla support but apparently if the local service center is closed - as Vancouver is on weekends - I might have to wait until Monday to hear more.
I decided to see what would happen with a reboot but in fact by the time I got back into my car the message had cleared. I rebooted the main screen and then drove around my neighborhood for a bit with not further ill effects.

Maybe I discovered the new "Torque coma" feature?

Ok, there might be an issue though will check the car manually shortly...

i can can no longer login using private builds of VisibleTesla (using owner-api) on .167. Might be that something went wrong with update... Started it and walked away.

trying both Android and IOS tesla apps show only "waking car" every time I try. Anyone else having issue with app and 167? :-(

Im wishing here, though maybe this release is a prerequisite for dev keys, and thereby the elusive app developer program? ;-)

ok, latest update to iOS app appears to now work. VT still doesn't (5.04)