Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can try it, but I really don't like creep mode and would much rather left-foot brake in those instances instead of toggling creep mode ON/OFF all the time.

I only mentioned it because you had said something about the pedal thing being pretty tricky. If it turns out that it works, and creep mode is a preference saved with driver profiles (I think it is), you could conceivably create a PP driver profile for parallel parking that is just like yours, with the only difference being creep mode is on, and then when in a parallel parking situation it would just be a pretty quick on and off.

Anyway...just some ideas, if not for you, then perhaps for someone else.

I only mentioned it because you had said something about the pedal thing being pretty tricky. If it turns out that it works, and creep mode is a preference saved with driver profiles (I think it is), you could conceivably create a PP driver profile for parallel parking that is just like yours, with the only difference being creep mode is on, and then when in a parallel parking situation it would just be a pretty quick on and off.

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't think the two-foot deal is an issue at all to get out of a tight spot, I was just stating how tricky it is to two-foot drive without getting the "both pedals pressed" warning. I'll try creep anyway to see if it works, but I doubt I'd ever use it as long as two-foot parking is not an issue.

I'm pretty sure the creep mode setting is NOT saved in the driver profile. And you can't turn it on and off while driving.

I'm slowly learning to avoid the "both pedals pressed" warning. I think I'll be fine after a few hours. It's probably good practice anyway.