Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed 188 on my P85D, coming from 153, I thought we were already at 0-60 on 3.1secs, I'm I wrong? I went out and tested it, the acceleration is certainly different, it seems more aggressive. I was quite impressed, it just felt more supercar like. I think I'm in love all over again! I loved the aggressiveness, hopefully I'm not just hallucinating! I felt like the car was just jumping a bit and way more fun. Can any one else confirm this?

And @GonzoDad... I also noticed the significant difference along with a passenger. I was wondering if it was my imagination. Even 30-60 feels much improved.

Has anyone tested the 1/4 mile time since the update to a faster insane mode? Also, at one point, there was talk of a more responsive, faster "mid-range" 60-120 or 60-90, that was in addition to the top end update and the 0-60 update, do we know if that's still coming and if so when? Final question, has anyone tested the faster 0-60 and found it to be in the high 2's or is it just getting down into 3.0 seconds speed now?

Quite easy to see in the tracker - yes, a few people did get .188 after having had .168, but the majority of the upgrades seem to come from .153 (and one came from all the way back .124 - not sure if PhilK really skipped that many versions or just forgot to enter one of the upgrades he got)

i was among the first batch to get .168 and am still awaiting for .188. Hopefully there will be further improvement from my perspective.

Has anyone tested the 1/4 mile time since the update to a faster insane mode? Also, at one point, there was talk of a more responsive, faster "mid-range" 60-120 or 60-90, that was in addition to the top end update and the 0-60 update, do we know if that's still coming and if so when? Final question, has anyone tested the faster 0-60 and found it to be in the high 2's or is it just getting down into 3.0 seconds speed now?

Sorry I do not own a stopwatch that is accurate to 1/10th of a second.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Tesla should add to P85's ....

"Not Quite Insane Mode"

Or, I am a little netter than SPORT but not quite insane mode. :)
Or. FAST and FASTER (quick and quicker?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quite easy to see in the tracker - yes, a few people did get .188 after having had .168, but the majority of the upgrades seem to come from .153 (and one came from all the way back .124 - not sure if PhilK really skipped that many versions or just forgot to enter one of the upgrades he got)

I too went form 153 to 188 last night/

No, I didn't skip anything. I'm from Hong Kong so the update pathway may be different from US cars. As far as I know, many Hong Kong people got nothing after .124 till yesterday when they started to have .188.

I got .188 yesterday and on the brief drive to the service center for a scheduled visit I thought I did notice that the fun pedal seemed more... "direct" for lack of a better term. It may all be in my head, of course, but yes, I'd say it felt peppier.

And then I got a P85 as a loaner. And I was shocked how sedate and almost sluggish it felt in comparison. This is not intended as a dig on the people who love their P85 and keep telling us that the P85D really is no faster. And the loaner is an odd duck... VIN49503, yet it does have AP (so this must be one of the first AP cars produced - there are cars all the way into the 52k range that don't have the AP hardware). And of course it has the "loaner mode", but I thought that only limits the car to 80 or 85mph and shouldn't affect acceleration. The loaner is on .160, btw.
Anyway, I was very surprised just HOW MUCH peppier the P85D is compared to the P85.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I didn't skip anything. I'm from Hong Kong so the update pathway may be different from US cars. As far as I know, many Hong Kong people got nothing after .124 till yesterday when they started to have .188.

Thanks for the clarification - Hank had mentioned to want to add the geo location as additional information to the tracker. The problem is that our sample is still fairly small so it may not contain enough data to make the geo data relevant, but still, it would be another interesting angle into all that...

And then I got a P85 as a loaner. And I was shocked how sedate and almost sluggish it felt in comparison. This is not intended as a dig on the people who love their P85 and keep telling us that the P85D really is no faster.
Anyway, I was very surprised just HOW MUCH peppier the P85D is compared to the P85.
P85Sig and P85D with .153 -- even my passengers can distinguish the quickness of the two easily. And I love both. :)

P85D got .188 last night, but it was wet out so I didn't test it out much.

And then I got a P85 as a loaner. And I was shocked how sedate and almost sluggish it felt in comparison. This is not intended as a dig on the people who love their P85 and keep telling us that the P85D really is no faster.

I suspect your recent update included changes to the pedal mapping. Elon hinted at new pedal mapping coming in 7.0, maybe they are introducing it earlier than expected or are simply trying it out?