Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that, we still see non-AP cars get 101.36.2 but have very few that got 2.4.188. I talked to my SC yesterday and they couldn't explain the 101.36.2, either.

Would you mind adding your data? We have only two entries for .188 in the tracker, JoeNe and SteveS0353 (and no entries at all from you :c )

I just updated the tracker. I went from .153 to .188 this morning.

I assume you did the post-install reboot? Just checking... I haven't spent much time in the car since .188 but I've had random Slacker issues after upgrades in the past and often they went away with a reboot.

It comes and goes but rebooting it hasn't exactly helped so far. Sometimes it goes away for a bit and sometimes it stays gone. Starting to wonder if there isn't something wrong with the car.

I have a P85 and installed 2.4.188 (was on 2.4.136). I took a test drive after the update and it seems a bit more powerful and the tires seem to squeal a bit more before traction control kicks in. So did this update really give me better acceleration like the P85D got recently? Did it modify the inverter firmware?

And there is a tracker that allows us to understand the firmware roll-out better...
OP: would you mind adding your data to the tracker? You can create a login here, add a few simple stats on the car and then enter the update...
Updated my P85D to .188 yesterday, after receiving software update notice on 4/29. Discovered a minor bug related to emergency flashers that I realize was at present at least since .168. I will post that separately under the thread for 6.2 bugs.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/45330-Bugs-in-firmware-6-2/page21

Dirkhh - I have added this most recent update to the tracker, and I realized that I erroneously posted that my last two updates came by Wifi. This is incorrect, they came across 3G. I couldn't see how to correct this, so hoping you can help me here so the data stays as accurate as possible. Thanks again for creating this great tracker!

Last edited:
I have a P85 and installed 2.4.188 (was on 2.4.136). I took a test drive after the update and it seems a bit more powerful and the tires seem to squeal a bit more before traction control kicks in. So did this update really give me better acceleration like the P85D got recently? Did it modify the inverter firmware?

Do the release notes say anything about the P85 acceleration improving?

Do the release notes say anything about the P85 acceleration improving?

No and I tested with the Tesla API, I have the exact same power output from 6.1, 6.2 built 153 and this new 188 build.

Most of the time I get a limit of 338kW (353hp) and sometimes (when the battery is hot perhaps) I get 345kW (462hp)

- - - Updated - - -

...but maybe it gets the power ramp up faster, I need to compare logs of same kind of acceleration, like from dead stop.

Here's a screenshot from dead stop to 60mph on 6.2 build .188

337kW - 452hp - 6.2 build 188 from 0 trip 7573.png

No and I tested with the Tesla API, I have the exact same power output from 6.1, 6.2 built 153 and this new 188 build.

Most of the time I get a limit of 338kW (353hp) and sometimes (when the battery is hot perhaps) I get 345kW (462hp)

- - - Updated - - -

...but maybe it gets the power ramp up faster, I need to compare logs of same kind of acceleration, like from dead stop.

I hit 313 kW peak in my S85 with a refurb DU last weekend. SOC 97%. The P has a much faster ramp up to peak, but not a much higher peak delivery compared to an S, something I've never understood.

I hit 313 kW peak in my S85 with a refurb DU last weekend. SOC 97%. The P has a much faster ramp up to peak, but not a much higher peak delivery compared to an S, something I've never understood.

I fully agree, I have a log of a S85 hiting 338kW (in fact, sustained). I'll compare the ramp up but yeah I don't understand why there is so little difference from a S85 and a P85 in terms of peak power.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the log for a S85 at 90% SOC.

S85 338kW.png