Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word of caution - I went to check on my MS to see if 7.1 was available to download, and as I opened the door, my iPhone 6s Plus fell out of my hand, hit the ground, and the screen cracked. First time in my life I've had a cracked phone screen too. Dammit Elon - why??

I had this kind of incident in the past. Hence, I now use an extremely strong protection case for my iphone 6s
Word of caution - I went to check on my MS to see if 7.1 was available to download, and as I opened the door, my iPhone 6s Plus fell out of my hand, hit the ground, and the screen cracked. First time in my life I've had a cracked phone screen too. Dammit Elon - why??

You could also just use the steering wheel, but then why did you pay thousands of dollars for autopilot?

I got autopilot to use for the places and circumstances where it makes sense. I doubt I'll ever 100% trust autopilot and that is why I rarely see a nag message -- at least one hand is always lightly touching the steering wheel and I'm ready to break, if necessary.

7.1 autopilot worked very well for me on the crazy Houston highways and toll roads so I'm very appreciative.

I got autopilot to use for the places and circumstances where it makes sense. I doubt I'll ever 100% trust autopilot and that is why I rarely see a nag message -- at least one hand is always lightly touching the steering wheel and I'm ready to break, if necessary.

7.1 autopilot worked very well for me on the crazy Houston highways and toll roads so I'm very appreciative.
Boy, I do NOT miss those Houston highways. But I AM glad I learned to drive there!

You could also just use the steering wheel, but then why did you pay thousands of dollars for autopilot?

Well, you see, autopilot isn't perfect. It covers some situations really well, others adequately, still others poorly, and some not at all. We all believe it will get better over time. I think at this point we're all clear that the current implementation isn't good enough for you. But it is good enough for most people to use it. It's certainly, for almost everybody, better than not having it.

So why don't you make your own "Complaints about 7.1 because it isn't perfect yet" thread and post to that? I'm sure it will give you great satisfaction and it will relieve the rest of us of having to read about your personal distress over and over and over. Now if you are actually submitting bug reports, it might be interesting to hear the specifics of that. From the sound of it, you have probably submitted hundreds by now, or maybe dozens, or maybe none. But maybe you think that things get fixed by complaining on this forum rather than letting Tesla know what you think their problems are?

Autopilot works perfect for me on the Houston highways, even taking gentle curves much more smoothly now (i.e. 610 loop).

Summon, on the other hand, does not like the lip on my garage...

California Model S updating now. 125MB file in the initial download. It seems clear that they waited for wifi as it kicked off the second my car got onto it's AP. For the record it was not delivered over VPN. It was delivered via Akamai. My bet is that there are not as many different builds as we might think. Definitely not a build-server per car.

Your means of getting the fastest update is likely to include getting onto wifi. Don't worry about the Akamai bit. They will sort you out as long as you have a typical Internet connection.