Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.17.37 updated the following systems (from 2.16.17):

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Battery Management
Charger Main Control
Charger Phases
Charge Port
Drive Inverter(s)
Pedal Monitor
Stability Control/ABS
Thermal Control
Driver Assistance
Parking Sensors

For those reporting Key issues, it's not related, as the Body/Security Controller was not touched. Maybe lags in the IC/CID?

And yes, the Destination Chargers, and all similar metadata is not done through the software release system, it comes down routinely. The Navigation maps are also separate.

58 updates to 2.17.37 reported so far with a truly impressive geographic coverage (Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, United States have reports so far - that's a lot broader than we usually get in the first two days of a roll out). It will be interesting to see if this is another full roll out (so 300+ reports) this soon after 2.16.17. I can see no pattern of specific cars being targeted - the only group that doesn't have any reports, yet, is early Model S VINs (26xxx appears to be the lowest reported).

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
This may be part of the parking sensors and/or summon. I use summon to pull the nose of the car closer to a curb and also to fine tune the distance in a tight garage manually using the keb fob. I found the last update .17 to "lunge" a bit too quickly on summon start, and didn't stop right away when using the FOB to stop the car. I had a few panic situations where I thought I would hit a curb or parking block.

I tried it again and summon instigates the forward or backwards much slower and gradual. I also noticed it was more responsive when trying to stop it. I'll update firmware tracker.

Reactions: bhzmark
2.17.37 add destination chargers ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 114
I'm glad it's not just me seeing these "ghosts". The "key not in the car" has shown up a few times. Usually, I just hit the lock button and it sees the key. I saw the notification for the latest update (2.17.37 I assume) when I got in the car this morning. I did not get the notification on the Tesla iPhone app this time??

There has been a lot of traffic on the Facebook pages about AutoPilot running amuck off of the highway. Hopefully, this update fixes that. My AP has not done anything really strange but I have noticed some "lane hunting" on surface streets. I'll update tonight and report back.

2.17.37's autopilot is the best so far! I AP'd it to work today (like every day), all previous versions would struggle (in varying ways) through a few turns on the freeway. Mostly because of overhead (bridges) shading while the freeway dips and turns making the area difficult to follow.

This version is absolutely spot on around those turns.

Had an issue with the 2.17.37 update (not sure it's related, but just happened day after) driving at night, and the auto high beam dimming was malfunctioning. wouldn't turn on for the longest time... tried on/off with the light stalk, flash the high beams. then magically, started to work again. may be an issue

Had an issue with the 2.17.37 update (not sure it's related, but just happened day after) driving at night, and the auto high beam dimming was malfunctioning. wouldn't turn on for the longest time... tried on/off with the light stalk, flash the high beams. then magically, started to work again. may be an issue
I had that happen after 2.16.17. Still don't have the new version yet.