Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will install automatically, I dont remember the default time however. If your car is set to update at 1am, and the update happens at 1:15 you will have to manually install.

I've had updates wait for user confirmation on my car for weeks. Are you sure you are not confusing an automatic install because of problem? Tesla has a way to force an install, so an automatic install because your SvC sent an update to fix a problem is not unheard of. Other than in such cases, I would be surprised to see automated installs.

Anyone who is this eager to be one of the first to get 8.0 has obviously not owned their Tesla very long. It will soon be followed by a bug fix, then the next one, then the next one. We've had as many as five in a few weeks for some previous versions. Be patient and hope you won't get it until it's been tried in tens of thousands of cars and its stable. There's nothing here that's so important you can't wait a week or a few weeks more for it.

I gave you a like and can't understand why you got two dislikes for posting extremely sound advice.

Reactions: Shock-On-T and bmah
Not sure if this has been posted already (too many posts in this thread to read thru) but someone took screen shots of their update - Version 8 Screenshots

I've been wishing for the automatic phone dial since I got my S so I'm really looking forward to it... truly hands-free phone calls. Not only will I be able to drive hands-free but also calling hands-free. I won't know what to do with my hands!

Looks like a super upgrade that I'm really going to appreciate. Thanks Tesla and Elon!

Tesla is dribbling out the 8.0 release.
Right now there is no dribble at all.
At this time, a visit to a GeoFence area will NOT get you the update.
Service centers are very busy delivering cars. IT IS END OF QUARTER FOLKS.
Keep your car connected to WiFi or LTE if you can.
If you get an update to 8.0 please PLEASE update your data into the Tesla Firmware Tracker.
We do NOT need to hear that you did not get the update.... 100,000 of us have not.

I called tesla and told them I had a notification on my iPhone saying that I had an update but I didn't see the alarm. She said 'hm. Weird. There's no updates going on at this time. You'll need to wait until it's repushed to your car. Your currently on 2.36.31. Your car is healthy'
Welcome to the world of lack of communication and people who don't know anything but try real hard.

Reactions: deonb
Tesla is dribbling out the 8.0 release.
Right now there is no dribble at all.
At this time, a visit to a GeoFence area will NOT get you the update.
Service centers are very busy delivering cars. IT IS END OF QUARTER FOLKS.
Keep your car connected to WiFi or LTE if you can.
If you get an update to 8.0 please PLEASE update your data into the Tesla Firmware Tracker.
We do NOT need to hear that you did not get the update.... 100,000 of us have not.
You left out "this is not a Haiku".