Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Texas. Delivery last month. 90d, AP 151xxx nothing yet :( must be nice living in cali..
Santa came to Texas (vin 118xxx) while sleeping at 11:35 CST and installing now. Already installed 7.1.2.36.31 so I'm guessing/hoping it's 8.0. I'll know when I wake up again in 3 hours. (Hope I can sleep since I have a busy day today.) :D

Whoa, map updates? Never seen that before. What are the most recent maps?

Before anyone asks, no there are not new maps. Still on the Q1 2015 version. (I checked the server)

This means he was running really old maps and just hadn't been on WiFi before (or long enough) to get the current version.

They are almost 5 gigs and so Tesla usually waits until you are on WiFi before sending them.

Sorry, but adding a check box option and saving the parameter is basic programming, basic configuration management. If that is too hard for Tesla programmers, we're screwed.

It is not hard, it is just not a priority, so it's not getting done.
I have to agree with bmah. Adding a simple check box doubles the number of potential states of the system, significantly adding to the testing surface and complicating CM. Sure, this may be a trivial option, but add enough of them and you're lost control of your system.

Reactions: jgs
Just a minor observation; has the scale on the accelerate/regen dial changed from 7.1 to 8.0 and does it appear to register a much smoother change in values as you accelerate or is that just a perception thing. Previously a high reading of 400+ Kw and now 300+ Kw. Or have I missed this being reported. I know, such a minor change, but why? The regen is reported stronger in 8.0 but the scale appears the same so why the acceleration change? (I don't have 8.0 but based on the video clips I have seen.)

First thing I noticed right off the bat on 8.0 is that the amount of time for my iPhone Tesla Ap to link to the Model S appears to be much faster. Usually from my library, I can expect a 10 to 15 second spinning arrow around the T.... perhaps 1 second now. Although just after the update (which took 1HR and 2 Mins BTW), maybe the Silver Surfer is shall we say... Awake?

I gotta layer up with some clothing and get out there to pat the new baby... it is chilly outdoors this AM at 42 F.... gotta remember to turn on Range Mode. Burrrrr

Which router allows you to show traffic data like this? I'm in the market for a new one and this seems like a pretty cool feature that my current one doesn't have in any way.

It's an Asus RT-AC68

already asked him lol Asus RT-N16 using easytomato 0.8 firmware

It's running the standard Asus firmware and user interface.

Mike

• Helpful
Reactions: rfmurphy81
Check to make sure you have it formatted as FAT32 and not NTFS or exFAT.
I do. Bear in mind this is a stick that used to work. If you read 2-300 messages forward in the thread :-/ you'll see I eventually did get it to work, by turning off energy-saving I think. I'm trying to reproduce the bug and reproduce the workaround now, before filing a bug report.

Apart from all the other ugly things, at least with my stick they appear to have slowed down the rate at which they scan it by 1 to 2 orders of magnitude. :-(

Last edited:
Sorry, but adding a check box option and saving the parameter is basic programming, basic configuration management. If that is too hard for Tesla programmers, we're screwed.

It is not hard, it is just not a priority, so it's not getting done.

I hate when nontechnical people say stuff like this. "It's just a button on a page, shouldn't take much to add." Clueless people who have no idea what processes on the backend may be impacted.