Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, @NikeWings, I take it back -- sort of. Was in the store not 30 minutes ago and received notification on my Apple Watch that an update was ready for installation. It definitely downloaded via WiFi before I left for that short errand. Update (hopefully 8.0) installing now.

I have faith again in your 8-ball, just as I did for so long as a kid. It really was one of my best Christmas toys from Santa so many years ago. :)
I took mine apart when I was a kid. What a mess!

How long should the update take. I got one this morning, as I was already on 2.36.31, I assume it is v8, but it's been an hour now and the car is still unresponsive. Ambient lights come on, but everything else is dead. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Chris

Most people are reporting a little over an hour to update. It's not unusual at all to see the car make strange noises and see settings turn on and off during the update.

Reactions: Boatguy
How long should the update take. I got one this morning, as I was already on 2.36.31, I assume it is v8, but it's been an hour now and the car is still unresponsive. Ambient lights come on, but everything else is dead. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Chris
It's been 50 min since I started the update and now after the reboots and light flashes the car is completely unresponsive. Ambient ligthts also off... Im waiting anxiously to hear the fans starting

I got it. So far my
Commute to work has never been better. Autopilot is more confident and is way smoother than ever before. The radar stuff is huge. This morning the sun is especially intense. I was having a hard time seeing the lines myself. Got one nag this am. The nags are NOT a deal breaker guys. The flashing white is really easy to see when you are "autopiloting".

Also nice is when autopilot doesn't engage it flashes orange at you. Very helpful.

Improved regen is noticeable :)

Absolutely a badass upgrade. Thank you Elon and Tesla!

I see a couple mentions of it throughout the thread, but do we know what's up with Slacker? The release notes on my classic say Slacker is now Streaming Personal Radio, and if I scroll to the bottom of the streaming window the login to Slacker is blanked out, like many others in this thread.

Is this just removing most of the slacker branding (possibly in anticipation of a switch in streaming providers)? Or is this the switch itself, and we're still allowed to log in to our own Slacker account if we have one? It's not clear if the current setup in 8.0 is using Tesla-supplied credentials to Slacker and just calling it something else, or if it actually IS something else.

Sorry, but adding a check box option and saving the parameter is basic programming, basic configuration management. If that is too hard for Tesla programmers, we're screwed.

It is not hard, it is just not a priority, so it's not getting done.

You've clearly never worked on a complex software project before. It isn't the actual programming of a checkbox that's difficult. What about testing, documentation, interactions with other features, how to handle upgrading software, worse what to do on a downgrade where the previous software has no idea what that saved unknown data is. (Does that mean the configuration data is corrupt and should all be erased?) Is the config tied to a driver profile?

What happens in the future- users HATE to have features removed (Telsa doesn't understand this, though). Usually, again Tesla doesn't give a *sugar*, new features/config settings have to be carried forward for a long time. If new user config settings are constantly being added, there are user interface and user experience issues to deal with.

Reactions: scottf200 and jgs
Agreed. Yesterday it said "Signs point to yes". Clearly the signs should have been no since I didn't get it yet.... lol. To make matters worse, my work wifi is down today so my car will be off wifi all day. Hopefully soon.

Thanks Erik

I feel your pain. Wifi at my work is different security compared to what Tesla supports, so no Wifi for me all day today too. I guess I could leave my phone in the car and tether to it to get Wifi, but then I wouldn't be able to get notifications that it has arrived.