Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the notification. Updating now

Attachments

• IMG_0106.PNG
    IMG_0106.PNG
    604.9 KB · Views: 79
Updated last night. Wife has been playing around with it today. She was impressed by the autopilot: "like watching a video game with all the cars moving around!" She told me. The kids really enjoyed it.

She really enjoys the new music format. Just finds it annoying when she has to switch between the music/maps/rear view camera because of how 8.0 prioritized the maps/camera. I plan to enter it into the database tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Updated last night. Wife has been playing around with it today. She was impressed by the autopilot: "like watching a video game with all the cars moving around!" She told me. The kids really enjoyed it.

She really enjoys the new music format. Just finds it annoying when she has to switch between the music/maps/rear view camera because of how 8.0 prioritized the maps/camera. I plan to enter it into the database tonight.

I know it looks like an unpopular opinion around here, but I actually also like the music format too, as someone who mostly listens to a few different Slacker Radio stations. It's a lot easier to choose a station while driving because almost everything I want to do is right in front of me while I'm playing music. I think the button layouts for Now Playing could use some improvement (the tap targets are smaller than 7.1) but it's a minor gripe.

I certainly understand how USB music users feel, though. Not discounting that. Just saying, for me, the new UI is an overall improvement.

I know it looks like an unpopular opinion around here, but I actually also like the music format too, as someone who mostly listens to a few different Slacker Radio stations. It's a lot easier to choose a station while driving because almost everything I want to do is right in front of me while I'm playing music. I think the button layouts for Now Playing could use some improvement (the tap targets are smaller than 7.1) but it's a minor gripe.

I certainly understand how USB music users feel, though. Not discounting that. Just saying, for me, the new UI is an overall improvement.
Me too. It works for me. Could it be better? yes but it's fine.

Reactions: chillaban
Don't think so; I'd like that for the Homelink Ding, although I guess I'll get used to it. I rather like the increased real estate of the maps and the auto-zoom in/out. I used to spend a lot of time pinching and stretching that screen! But we will all have our gripes and likes

I meant permanently.

I read the notes, sounds like it's the new design. The icons will fade out with the map to give more real estate (pun intended) to the map. But will come back if you tap the screen or go into park.

Ok. Verified with my wife. The map on top will make the icons go away. If you put the music on top (she refuses the put the camera on top, too distracting for her) the icons will remain as you drive. Maybe if you put the music on top and the map on the bottom the icons will remain. She hasn't tried that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Soundchasr
We should alert @MarcG for our customary video. :)

Haha thanks for the plug, sadly I just got the update installed this morning and had conference calls on my drives to and from work.

I will provide some feedback that I don't believe I've read on here yet:

1. The Autosteer engage/disengage chimes cause the music/radio to lower in volume, which I found mildly annoying but could understand win Tesla did it

2. The map auto-zooming is NOT speed-based but location-based, e.g. on a freeway it zooms way out even if you're crawling in stop-and-go traffic

3. You can have up to 3 trip meters plus the odometer in the IC app, but the order in which they appear top-to-bottom is not customizable

4. Autosteer can now follow a car and actually track the lanes (not the car in front ) at much lower speeds that it used to in 7.x -- from my recollection it was around 20 mph.

This last one is a real treat, as my car would sometimes follow the car in front into an adjacent lane at low speeds even though I wanted to stay in my lane.

Here's an example screenshot; notice the blue lines even at < 10 mph while following another car:

image.jpeg