Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Still no love for the old World :(

Don't we just stream everything from the 'cloud' these days? Renters we be.
Yes, I agree. It seems all the young-un's do. ;)

But those of us that began collecting CDs when they first became available in the early 80's to replace our 45's and 33's vinyl; Have amassed more than 1300 paid-for albums in our collection; Prefer listening to the highest quality music we can, exactly our way while we drive; Used dedicated hardwired iPod Classics in former vehicles for years with 100% of their music library and personal playlists available all the time; Would perhaps prefer using a different streaming service as part of their vehicle's Infotainment system; Have spotty cellular data service in some places we travel; Have always tended to be a purchase vs. rent or lease kinda guy; Or just don't like the concept of Big Brother tracking everything we listen to, well, USB is the obvious choice in a Tesla today.

Now, if I were a younger kinda guy startin' over, I suspect I'd be doing what the masses do today and just stream it. I get it. I am just frustrated when something I make use of every moment in my vehicle is taken away or becomes broken because it was not focused on in an otherwise appreciated great firmware release and SUPER BEV.​

OK, Sorry (Well, not really!). Back to your regular streaming channel. :)

I may have missed or skipped the conversation earlier in the thread but I noticed it logged me out of Slacker like others had noted. Is there any drawback to staying logged out? I'm curious whether you're getting anything additional by logging in. I saw a previous comment about someone syncing with favorites they did on a desktop client. Is there any other benefit?
You can turn on ABC News hourly updates via the web

Reactions: JenniferQ
Yes, I agree. It seems all the young-un's do. ;)

But those of us that began collecting CDs when they first became available in the early 80's to replace our 45's and 33's vinyl; Have amassed more than 1300 paid-for albums in our collection; Prefer listening to the highest quality music we can, exactly our way while we drive; Used dedicated hardwired iPod Classics in former vehicles for years with 100% of their music library and personal playlists available all the time; Would perhaps prefer using a different streaming service as part of their vehicle's Infotainment system; Have spotty cellular data service in some places we travel; Have always tended to be a purchase vs. rent or lease kinda guy; Or just don't like the concept of Big Brother tracking everything we listen to, well, USB is the obvious choice in a Tesla today.

Now, if I were a younger kinda guy startin' over, I suspect I'd be doing what the masses do today and just stream it. I get it. I am just frustrated when something I make use of every moment in my vehicle is taken away or becomes broken because it was not focused on in an otherwise appreciated great firmware release and SUPER BEV.​

OK, Sorry (Well, not really!). Back to your regular streaming channel. :)
I haven't been eager to get into the "kids these days" thing, but nobody has yet mentioned another reason to listen to locally-stored content instead of streaming. That is, what if the stuff I want to listen to is simply not available for streaming, either because it's not in the catalog of the provider, or because it's not in anyone's catalog at all, that is, it's something I recorded myself? I don't think that's a kids-versus-codgers thing, unless we want to claim that kids these days have interests completely circumscribed by the gatekeepers of the streaming services, and that's probably no more true now than it ever was. (Except "streaming services" used to be spelled "radio".)

I mean fine, if streaming works for you 100%, great.