Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is behavior I'm really hoping to see, which Tesla hasn't said much about - less for pedestrians which are usually somewhat predictable and not suicidal and more for deer and the like.

"Usually" being the key word. This somewhat suicidal pedestrian almost killed himself for a basketball today. He's lucky that right lane was empty--I don't think he even looked but instinctively ran after the ball. (Someone is usually hit and killed by a car on this road every few months):

Hope no one dies waiting for 8.0
Tesla said 8.0 would have saved the life of the Florida driver who died on the interstate going under a semi
Now they have 8.0 but the roll out seems awful slow. I would suck if there were any more accidents or fatalities that could have been pervented with a quicker roll out
just sayn'

• Funny
Reactions: cgiGuy
In the WiFi settings dialog, you used to be able (I think, at some point in the past) to see the MAC address of the WiFi interface by tapping on the "i"-in-a-circle icon next to on-off slider at the top of the dialog. Now on my car running 8.0, if I tap on it, I just see "MAC Address: not available".

Also why is there an "i" icon for this at all? Why not just show the MAC address all the time...there is plenty of space on that part of the screen and it's not like the MAC address is a secret. And if it's not going to show me the MAC address at all there's no reason to have an icon that I have to press to tell me that it's not going to tell me. This just irritates networking geeks like myself who want to know the MAC addresses of everything on their network. :p

Because 98% of Model S owners are not networking geeks, and only 50% of the remaining 2% care about the MAC address of their car :rolleyes:

Don't know if this has been mentioned already with 8.0, but I am seeing some unusual behavior. First, I liked having the camera on top and my map on the bottom half of the screen. I use the camera as a second blind spot check before getting over to the next lane and I like it to stay on top. Music is another window I like to share on top portion of the screen. For whatever reason since the 8.0 update, these applications are defaulting to the other half of the window. Sure, I can drag them where I want, but it isn't remembering their position when I launch other apps and want to go back to them like the other version did - VERY ANNOYING!

Mentioned in the release notes. And yes, annoying.

Hope no one dies waiting for 8.0
Tesla said 8.0 would have saved the life of the Florida driver who died on the interstate going under a semi
Now they have 8.0 but the roll out seems awful slow. I would suck if there were any more accidents or fatalities that could have been pervented with a quicker roll out
just sayn'

Pokemon go has now killed more pedestrians than AP version 7. According to the local news.

I'm just hoping for night mode on those. I can't be the only one who purposely dimmed his Instrumental console so I don't get blinded by those.
This is the first post I have been able to find, concerning the NAV tiles being overly bright at night. Sorta like, the contrast is off scale.
It is a dark grey back drop with faded looking text. Really is hard to read and is way too bright for a gray on gray scheme.
I hope this can be changed to a black back drop.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Pressing the "i" gets you the MAC. @bmah what you're seeing is not what I'm seeing.

Well in a sense that's good. From the "pics or it didn't happen" department:

IMG_9335.jpg

I don't really need this functionality at the moment...I already know the car's MAC address. It just seems weird that I can't get it right now. I'll reboot the CID in the morning and see if that makes it better. Thanks for the screenshot from your car!

Bruce.

Reactions: msnow
Is anyone else having issues where slacker skips the rest of the song soon after you start the car.

For example when I get in the car a really good song will be playing, but then in a couple minutes seems to encounter and error and then skips to the next song.

It's happened 9/10 times I've gotten in the car to drive, and it's always that first song.

Is anyone else having issues where slacker skips the rest of the song soon after you start the car.

For example when I get in the car a really good song will be playing, but then in a couple minutes seems to encounter and error and then skips to the next song.

It's happened 9/10 times I've gotten in the car to drive, and it's always that first song.
Yes. This and it nearly always skips the last 45 seconds or so of a song. Between this and the horrible ability to find channels on slacker and slow voice recognition, the new media player is vastly inferior (aka sucks) . TESLA, PLEASE REVERT TO THE OLD MEDIA PLAYER!

• Informative
Reactions: Wanderer
TESLA, PLEASE REVERT TO THE OLD MEDIA PLAYER!

Speak for yourself. I love the new Media player and the new NAV. Yes, there's been a bug or two, but they'll be addressed. No sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water. This is a huge step forward in usability and the layout is far safer to use while driving. I love it. It was long overdue.

Speak for yourself. I love the new Media player and the new NAV. Yes, there's been a bug or two, but they'll be addressed. No sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water. This is a huge step forward in usability and the layout is far safer to use while driving. I love it. It was long overdue.
Uh, yeah, there are more than two bugs, and the lack of alpha shortcuts is downright dangerous if you try to go scrolling for a song. Rollback to 7.1 is not the answer, but neither is waiting for an update that will take months to get out.