Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the one who initially reported the "no more +5 AP on non-divided highways" I'm happy to also confirm that in 2.52.22 it's been restored to 5 over as the max. Thank you Tesla for listening and doing the right thing.

Also, while out for a drive tonight I noticed that while on AP (1.0 hardware) the car slowed from 60 MPH down to 20 while approaching a T intersection. I have no idea if it was based off of GPS data or the ⇠⇢ sign straight ahead. I did have to intervene at 20 MPH, as it would have continued through the stop sign at the very least. This was the second time I approached this particular junction, so it wasn't a fluke.

Also, while out for a drive tonight I noticed that while on AP (1.0 hardware) the car slowed from 60 MPH down to 20 while approaching a T intersection. I have no idea if it was based off of GPS data or the ⇠⇢ sign straight ahead. I did have to intervene at 20 MPH, as it would have continued through the stop sign at the very least. This was the second time I approached this particular junction, so it wasn't a fluke.

Well THAT is certainly interesting.

I wonder if it could have identified the traffic moving perpendicular to the road you were on, and slowed because of that.

Reactions: wesley888
Updating my car now. Mine said it would take about 2 hours?! Overestimating? Saw posts saying it would take 20-40 min? I will check soon :p

The two hour time (isn't it one hour and 45 minutes? I haven't paid attention in a while) has been the "standard" time Tesla has been using for a while now. Because we've come to realize that it is not an accurate or even current estimate, people here ask each other how long the updates have actually taken. This one, if it turns out you are receiving 8.0.2.52.22, should take between twenty and thirty minutes.

Be sure to update the tracker when it is done!

The two hour time (isn't it one hour and 45 minutes? I haven't paid attention in a while) has been the "standard" time Tesla has been using for a while now. Because we've come to realize that it is not an accurate or even current estimate, people here ask each other how long the updates have actually taken. This one, if it turns out you are receiving 8.0.2.52.22, should take between twenty and thirty minutes.

Be sure to update the tracker when it is done!
Yep it was done quick. I was one of the first 1000 so the update info looks the same. But maybe they fixed some stuff like the jerky lanes and ghost cars. Auto park and auto wipers please!

Reactions: Andyw2100
The first time I approached this intersection there wasn't any traffic and it behaved identically.

I bet it's actually due to radar bouncing off the yellow sign.

I suspect this is the correct/desired behavior for an unknown radar obstacle. In prior builds this false-alarmed a lot on overhead signs, but it gave insight into how the feature is intended to work. It appears the car will gradually slow down for approaching radar obstacles it doesn't know about until it's sure you're not going to hit it, then speed back up again.

Presumably the more white listed it is, the less the car slows down for it.

Reactions: bhzmark
As the one who initially reported the "no more +5 AP on non-divided highways" I'm happy to also confirm that in 2.52.22 it's been restored to 5 over as the max. Thank you Tesla for listening and doing the right thing.

Weird. Wonder what caused that. Really want the complete instruction book!

Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely not going to hog a stall if the car won't charge during an update.

FWIW I have Off Peak electricity rate here, starting at midnight, so I moved the update installation time to 10PM or somesuch, because the default middle-of-the-night interrupted scheduled charging, and I would run the risk of being on low charge following morning (or continued charging outside of Off Peak rate)

(I think the update-time is remembered from previous, so if I've got this right perhaps the take-away is to make sure updates do not occur during scheduled charging time)

Had you rebooted after the update? That's always a good idea.

Given that the update is not "instant" beats me why all updates don't always reboot, at the end of the install. I'm a software-dev and to me it would then ensure "everyone starts with the same clean slate", preventing various weird artefact reports from spoiling my day!

Thank you Tesla for listening and doing the right thing.

You may well be right, but my recollection is that Musk said the restriction was temporary and would be removed. At the time I took that to mean that they had moved from, previously well proven, Mobile Eye software to Tesla-own replacement (or something like that) and wanted to await more confidence before reinstating the +over capability. Maybe he was just saying that in reaction to complains though :oops:

the update info looks the same

Don't normally get much, if anything, on minor updates. I think folk would appreciate knowing what has been changed / fixed, no matter how small. it would save discovering that something has changed when travelling at speed along the road ...

From the audio it sounds like you had to put down your cup of tea when you took over braking. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Andyw2100