Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the notification of 2.52.22 update just come up on he screen? Haven't driven my car in 6 days and I just got in to see if the notification was there. So far, nothing

If someone has cleared the notification, or, perhaps, if it has timed out, there will be a little icon of a timer (I think that is what it is) at the top of your 17" display. Pressing it brings back the screen that offers you options with respect to starting the update immediately or scheduling it for later.

If memory serves, the little timer icon is to the right of the Tesla T.

Edit: What I refer to above as a "timer icon" is, apparently, actually an alarm clock icon.

Last edited:
If someone has cleared the notification, or, perhaps, if it has timed out, there will be a little icon of a timer (I think that is what it is) at the top of your 17" display. Pressing it brings back the screen that offers you options with respect to starting the update immediately or scheduling it for later.

If memory serves, the little timer icon is to the right of the Tesla T.

Indeed! I've attached a photo of the taunting little alarm clock... can't miss it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
How do I tell if it's done? I do not have the phone app. It's been 45 minutes

This update was one that installed pretty quickly, in generally about 25 minutes or so.

Other updates can take significantly longer. If you can't use the app to check, in the future you could go check the car, from the outside of it, without having the fob on you. Sometimes looking in you will see a notification that the update completed successfully, even without opening any doors. If you don't see that, and the car is quiet, you can open a door to see what's going on. I would wait a solid hour, though--perhaps longer--if you don't know anything about how long that particular update should take. Better safe than sorry!

This update was one that installed pretty quickly, in generally about 25 minutes or so.

Other updates can take significantly longer. If you can't use the app to check, in the future you could go check the car, from the outside of it, without having the fob on you. Sometimes looking in you will see a notification that the update completed successfully, even without opening any doors. If you don't see that, and the car is quiet, you can open a door to see what's going on. I would wait a solid hour, though--perhaps longer--if you don't know anything about how long that particular update should take. Better safe than sorry!

It was done when I checked. Thanks for the responses

Latest firmware is still limited to +0

Max,

Earlier in the thread one of the non-US members said that the non-divided road autosteer speed limit was 10 km/hr over the posted speed limit, OR your speed limit offset setting, whichever is smaller.

Just speculation, but could this also apply to US cars? Check your speed limit offset setting and make sure it's set to at least +5 then test again.

Max,

Earlier in the thread one of the non-US members said that the non-divided road autosteer speed limit was 10 km/hr over the posted speed limit, OR your speed limit offset setting, whichever is smaller.

Just speculation, but could this also apply to US cars? Check your speed limit offset setting and make sure it's set to at least +5 then test again.
I can try that, that would be odd, but it's definitely a possibility.

Max,

You were right, it worked. Thanks!