Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Build v9.0 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, kind of doesn't look smart to offer system update which could not be used though. :)

Well people would complain if the app was released before the car firmware too. And it is next to impossible to get the timing the same between two app stores and the car firmware.

Would you rather them hide the release note until it detects that you have the correct app version installed on your phone? (Such that you might never actually see it?)

Not if you're using Android.... NO update yet. As always, we wait behind the Apple drones. *sigh*
Is it available on Apple now? I didn't think it was yet.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if the mobile app update doesn't debut until next week to coincide with the new function that Elon announced today to allow service appointments to be scheduled from the phone app:
Elon Musk on Twitter

I’m on 48.12.1 and while I got Fireplace mode and Emissions mode, I did not get the Mars Pole Position.

I’m on HW 2 and MCU 1 (June 2017 build), so perhaps this is only a Model 3 feature or MCU2 feature?

And, yes, no mobile app update for iOS or Android yet.

tentatively the wipers seem to work better i think. At least in light rain on the way to work today.
Wait, did they try to fix the wiper stuttering/chatter that I and a bunch of others experienced / still experience, with this latest update? It's not in the release notes, though at the end there's a blurb about other minor bug fixes etc.

I have now three times thoroughly wiped my blades with rubbing alcohol (as the RTFM says to do), and thoroughly cleaned the outside of my windshield also a few times. I also have never used RainX or similar products on the windshield, ever. All of that helps, but invariably within about ten minutes of use in the rain (including full-on downpour on at least one occasion), the stuttering starts again, rendering the wipers useless on auto mode. I have to revert back to manually pressing the left stalk button to clear without stuttering, which is annoying.

Haven't tested them yet (just got the update, and it's not yet rained), but I'd appreciate that fix about 1,000 times more than the fart machine (which is fun. but fix my wipers, please)

I’m on 48.12.1 and while I got Fireplace mode and Emissions mode, I did not get the Mars Pole Position.

I’m on HW 2 and MCU 1 (June 2017 build), so perhaps this is only a Model 3 feature or MCU2 feature?
It's beginning to look that way... no one with an MCU 1 appears to have got Pole Position. I don't have the seat heater control either (edit: Apparently you need v3.8 of the app for the seat heaters, and only 3.7.0 is available for my phone right now)

Last edited: