Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason the site didn't update the FW info from my car's recent update even I've updated the API#.

Ok, this has now been restarted. Since it's been awhile since it was running, a lot of API tokens have expired or changed. So I suggest that everyone who wants this to work again please go to ev-fw.com and do two steps:

1. Add or update your API token
2. "Edit"
pencil.png
your car, and be sure to link your API car to the record in the "Please select car from your API to link to this record" field.

And then the system will poll your car (only when awake!) to check for firmware updates.

Reactions: wesley888
Welcome to the TMC forum, @sunfreak.
The EV FW tracker site is done independently from TMC, by member @HankLloydRight. So, no further posting on TMC is needed.
Posting regularly does have other (even only therapeutic) benefits, however.
Sharing both negative and positive thoughts on Tesla cars and company actions grows the size of this community as an unique source of information.

Welcome to the TMC forum, @sunfreak.
The EV FW tracker site is done independently from TMC, by member @HankLloydRight. So, no further posting on TMC is needed.
Posting regularly does have other (even only therapeutic) benefits, however.
Sharing both negative and positive thoughts on Tesla cars and company actions grows the size of this community as an unique source of information.
Hi PaulusdB,
Thanks for your welcome. I'm already registered in TMC for about two years, but don't post here as we have an German language Tesla forum here as well.

Screenshot_20170911-132933.png

Regarding the FW tracking site there's mentioned that someone who what's to login there 'must' have a TMC account!

Hi Hank,

Quick question - sorry if it's already been answered in the thread. If I no longer own a car should I delete the records for it, since I won't be putting updates in? I'm not certain if you're expiring them after a certain age or if the old data is used at all.

Hi Hank,

Quick question - sorry if it's already been answered in the thread. If I no longer own a car should I delete the records for it, since I won't be putting updates in? I'm not certain if you're expiring them after a certain age or if the old data is used at all.

My philosophy is to never delete any data! Did you sell the car or trade it in? If you sold it and know the buyer, see if they'll create an EV-FW account and I can transfer all of the history over. If not, I can transfer it into my account as a placeholder until such time the buyer signs up and I can transfer the history into their account.

• Love
Reactions: BigD0g
Ok, as requested (here), I've split the main table into MS/MX updates and M3 updates below that.

In the process, about 5 people with Model Ss had submitted firmware updates with an M3 firmware build.

Not knowing their correct build, I had to delete these records to clean up the data so there were no builds across model lines.

So if you updated the tracker in the last week or so, please go back and confirm the site has your latest version, and if it doesn't please make sure to select the correct FW version when updating.

When I get a chance, I'll add some code to make sure this can't happen.

My philosophy is to never delete any data! Did you sell the car or trade it in? If you sold it and know the buyer, see if they'll create an EV-FW account and I can transfer all of the history over. If not, I can transfer it into my account as a placeholder until such time the buyer signs up and I can transfer the history into their account.
I figured you wanted to keep the data. I traded it in on my X. It went in to the loaner fleet, so I have no idea who the current owner is. I'm happy to keep it on my account, just didn't see anything about this case on the site.