TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware Upgrade Tracker

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 29, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. wesley888

wesley888 Member

For some reason the site didn't update the FW info from my car's recent update even I've updated the API#.

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I moved that site to a different server, and haven't enabled the cron job to do that. Which I do plan to fix later today.

• Like x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Ok, this has now been restarted. Since it's been awhile since it was running, a lot of API tokens have expired or changed. So I suggest that everyone who wants this to work again please go to ev-fw.com and do two steps:

1. Add or update your API token
    2. "Edit" [​IMG] your car, and be sure to link your API car to the record in the "Please select car from your API to link to this record" field.

And then the system will poll your car (only when awake!) to check for firmware updates.

• Like x 1
  4. Price-S

Price-S Member

HankLloydRight - Firmware update won't accept my pin and won't send me a new one unless I converse with you. ? Do you know why?

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I've sent your PIN via PM. The recovery PMs don't always get sent through TMC. I strongly urge people to add their email addresses to EV-FW.com to help with password/PIN recovery and updates.

thanks.

6. sunfreak

sunfreak New Member

Have the same issue today. As I'm from Germany, I wonder if I've to do posts in TMC forum regulary to be allowed to enter FW changes on my MS on the tracker site?

7. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

Welcome to the TMC forum, @sunfreak.
    The EV FW tracker site is done independently from TMC, by member @HankLloydRight. So, no further posting on TMC is needed.
    Posting regularly does have other (even only therapeutic) benefits, however.
    Sharing both negative and positive thoughts on Tesla cars and company actions grows the size of this community as an unique source of information.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

PIN Sent.

9. sunfreak

sunfreak New Member

Hi PaulusdB,
    Thanks for your welcome. I'm already registered in TMC for about two years, but don't post here as we have an German language Tesla forum here as well.

Screenshot_20170911-132933.png

Regarding the FW tracking site there's mentioned that someone who what's to login there 'must' have a TMC account!

10. sunfreak

sunfreak New Member

Many Thanks @HankLloydRight,

got the new one and it worked fine! Also added my email address for later communication regarding this.

Best wishes from GY,
    Juergen

• Like x 1
  11. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

That was so I could validate that real people/owners were signing up for ev-fw and not random people on the internet.

• Informative x 1
  12. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

Is there a way to link previous firmware updates if you change handles on TMC? Same vin and token, but my list of previous updates disappeared when the handle changed.

13. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yes, send me a PM with your old and new handle.

14. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

PM sent. Thanks.

15. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

Hi Hank,

Quick question - sorry if it's already been answered in the thread. If I no longer own a car should I delete the records for it, since I won't be putting updates in? I'm not certain if you're expiring them after a certain age or if the old data is used at all.

16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

My philosophy is to never delete any data! Did you sell the car or trade it in? If you sold it and know the buyer, see if they'll create an EV-FW account and I can transfer all of the history over. If not, I can transfer it into my account as a placeholder until such time the buyer signs up and I can transfer the history into their account.

• Love x 1
  17. Unpilot

Unpilot I would rather spend my remaining time Helping

Hi Hank,

Can you check if my car is linked ok on your site?

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

You do now.

19. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Ok, as requested (here), I've split the main table into MS/MX updates and M3 updates below that.

In the process, about 5 people with Model Ss had submitted firmware updates with an M3 firmware build.

Not knowing their correct build, I had to delete these records to clean up the data so there were no builds across model lines.

So if you updated the tracker in the last week or so, please go back and confirm the site has your latest version, and if it doesn't please make sure to select the correct FW version when updating.

When I get a chance, I'll add some code to make sure this can't happen.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  20. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

I figured you wanted to keep the data. I traded it in on my X. It went in to the loaner fleet, so I have no idea who the current owner is. I'm happy to keep it on my account, just didn't see anything about this case on the site.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.