Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is 11/13 - 11/19 and I’m dreading the phone call when it comes. Part of me wants the car as soon as possible but the other part wants to watch the Tax Credit bill and wait. I only ordered in early September because I thought the delivery would be January at the earliest.

My EDD is 11/13 - 11/19 and I’m dreading the phone call when it comes. Part of me wants the car as soon as possible but the other part wants to watch the Tax Credit bill and wait. I only ordered in early September because I thought the delivery would be January at the earliest.
How much is 1.5 month of wait worth? And it’s not even passed.

I chose to just pick it up and enjoy it. Holiday season coming up and would definitely be cool to haul family around.

Any 2022 Model S VINs reported yet?
This is the Model Y forum so no idea.

So call your SA and say you need to delay til January. They will assign the vin to someone Else and put you back in line (but likely not the end).

This is definitely not true for the House version. It explicitly states the changes to the EV tax credit program apply to vehicles acquired after Dec 31, 2021. It will not be retroactive as currently written (and updated by the house as of yesterday).

The Senate version passed in August DID say the credit changes were retroactive to May, but that will have to be reconciled between the two chambers.

If this thing does get passed and signed into law before the end of the year as written we're going to have a weird situation where anyone who buys a GM or Tesla EV before 1/1/22 will be giving up $8k+.
That’s why I’ve got an order on hold. If I took delivery now I’d save around $7k due to price increases but making it $15k compared to current pricing would be great.

Reactions: impastu
Yep…. Getting harder and harder to justify a 2021 delivery with that much cash on the table. Want to do my part for the environment as soon as possible but….

On the trade in stuff…. My trade offer for a `13 Toyota Highlander is very competitive with Vroom and Carmax. With the tax implications it’s basically a wash and I drive my old car into the Tesla lot and drive my new one home. A few hundred bucks is convenience charge IMHO. If I were the Audi guys above I’d sell outright and pay the tax
Sam E here. Of course…. To your sell the Audi. The Audidealer even extended the time I could turn it in for them to buy! As he said, we need cars to sell! I left him a message yesterday that he could have the car even earlier than next Friday, just give me a car from whenever to close to pickup date. By the way… eTron is a sweet car, just over-priced to me for all the obvious reasons. Sorry that the Q4 continues to get delayed. It seems that the German automobile companies arm (USA) continue to always think they know best of what we Americans want. Accordingly, we seem to (over the years) get short changed on models already in Europe. How about the upcoming C series sedan that is a PHEV with good batterie range….OH! No mention of that model coming to USA. Etc. , etc., however, as a prior Tesla Model 3 owner, they do listen to us consumers. Albeit, sometimes on Elon time….. I digress.
One last remark. If you have time & are curious type, go over to Polestar 2 forum.
Yikes, talk about issues & over-promising & under delivering. Test drove the car as well as several other EVs….perk of being retired, curious & exploring other potential purchase choices.

Sam E here. Of course…. To your sell the Audi. The Audidealer even extended the time I could turn it in for them to buy! As he said, we need cars to sell! I left him a message yesterday that he could have the car even earlier than next Friday, just give me a car from whenever to close to pickup date. By the way… eTron is a sweet car, just over-priced to me for all the obvious reasons. Sorry that the Q4 continues to get delayed. It seems that the German automobile companies arm (USA) continue to always think they know best of what we Americans want. Accordingly, we seem to (over the years) get short changed on models already in Europe. How about the upcoming C series sedan that is a PHEV with good batterie range….OH! No mention of that model coming to USA. Etc. , etc., however, as a prior Tesla Model 3 owner, they do listen to us consumers. Albeit, sometimes on Elon time….. I digress.
One last remark. If you have time & are curious type, go over to Polestar 2 forum.
Yikes, talk about issues & over-promising & under delivering. Test drove the car as well as several other EVs….perk of being retired, curious & exploring other potential purchase choices.
One last bit of info. The DCU info kind of disappeared in several threads. Latest % with caveats. Must have a direct deposit monthly of some sort so payment is made,
Ev will get additional .25% off. Join them,of course based on good credit, and amt. of down payment. 65 months = 1.24% Not bad.
They got my attention with the additional ev discount. TD Bank now…seriously thinking of total switch to them!

Just look at the 10th digit of the VIN. M = 2021 and N = 2022
Ya, its an M, 2021. I assume it was build end of last week before they switched to N for Nov 1st. I'm assuming they will be delivering "M's" into mid November for some locations depending on how long the transport cycle is. I'm near Toronto so it likely takes a bit of extra time at the boarder etc., and that is why and EDD of 11th to 17th is still a 2021, when some people in the States are getting 2022 with similar EDD.

Ya, its an M, 2021. I assume it was build end of last week before they switched to N for Nov 1st. I'm assuming they will be delivering "M's" into mid November for some locations depending on how long the transport cycle is. I'm near Toronto so it likely takes a bit of extra time at the boarder etc., and that is why and EDD of 11th to 17th is still a 2021, when some people in the States are getting 2022 with similar EDD.
I'm in Toronto, picking up at Oakville on the 16th, received VIN with scheduled delivery date on Nov 1st and it's a 2021

No, LR. I leased as well. But the car has went up $5k CAD since my order lol.
I placed order on Aug 10 and latest EDD is Nov 16-30.
MYLR/Blue/Black/5/19/Tow.
Are you getting the P version? If so then our EDD will be similar.
Bros y'all are lucky. Toronto July 26 order LR/White/White/5/19/No Tow/FSD. EDD was Nov 4-Dec4 then Nov14-Dec4, now it's Nov20-Dec4. No vin :(