Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this whole process to be frustrating and quite frankly wish I never ordered the car at this point. After no response to emails, my car was supposed to be delivered Friday, I went to the SC. There were about 35-40 cars there as well as another carrier bringing a few more. They are overwhelmed and once the car gets there it will take at least a few days to get preped and out. I ask the person at the desk to please check on the progress where and when and they told me the car hasnt even been completed yet and may ship out in 10 days or so. Sara has consistantly mislead me to timeing I told them if I couldnt get a car by the end of April please cancel and they assured me it would happen. It is just a car! I can pick from many other cars and get one of these at some point in the future if they are still around. If someone wants my car let me know and I will gladly turn it over to them and go get and Infiniti G37 convertibled this weekend.

Sorry to hear about your experience MnLevin.

I too am awaiting my software limited 60kWH, and expect delivery by end of May or early June. I reserved almost a year ago.

Almost sick of hearing, "So when is that car coming" every weekend from friends and family.

This is what happens to early adopters, so I'm okay with it.

Just wait it out for a few more days, it'll be there!

I find this whole process to be frustrating and quite frankly wish I never ordered the car at this point. After no response to emails, my car was supposed to be delivered Friday, I went to the SC. There were about 35-40 cars there as well as another carrier bringing a few more. They are overwhelmed and once the car gets there it will take at least a few days to get preped and out. I ask the person at the desk to please check on the progress where and when and they told me the car hasnt even been completed yet and may ship out in 10 days or so. Sara has consistantly mislead me to timeing I told them if I couldnt get a car by the end of April please cancel and they assured me it would happen. It is just a car! I can pick from many other cars and get one of these at some point in the future if they are still around. If someone wants my car let me know and I will gladly turn it over to them and go get and Infiniti G37 convertibled this weekend.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences Mnlevin. Customer service can be hit or miss, and unfortunately you are the one with the miss. Perhaps some of the regulars can provide pointers on who to contact at Tesla?

Been there...but for me it was either a BMW 5GT or Audi A6/A7. All I can say is hang in there. You can't be far off. I'll say there are some IDS who are really communicative and some who aren't. If you have one of those who isn't, it still delivers the same, just the steps can go by quick. I went from delivery button to delivery in very short period of time. So, you could still be only 10 days away.

And let me just say...It's all worth it. I finally got to put some miles on her today (about 65 miles, essentially doubling what I had since I got the car last Thursday). Amazing.

I've had my car for about a month now. I scheduled an appt to stop by the local SC to repair some of the problems after the second day of taking delivery. Until now, I still haven't heard from the SC. I have water condensation in my tails, dome lights not working, and the worst part is that my rear driver door still doesn't open. The LED on the handle stays on 24/7. I call them every week! I just get transferred to the fremont center and they always tell me that they will start a claim. It's been a month and I'm not sure how much longer I could wait. Too bad I can't do anything cause only Tesla could fix this problem. It's embarrassing to open the rear door from the inside especially after paying so much for this type of vehicle.

Besides all the problems on the car, it's still a wonderful drive and piece of machine. Not paying for gas is the greatest feeling!

Thanks for all the encouraging words..I was given the phone number 888 771 2505 by ohaq, another member. It is the Build my Model S Hotline and they gave me some additional information. I dont know that it is right but want to believe them more than anyone. They claimed the car had been shipped. So it is either still in production, still at the factory, or somewhere between Freemont Ca and Dania Florida. I would like to believe the latter, but again just dont know.

Just got off the phone with the IDS and she told me it was on the truck rolling down the 101 in California. She was very specific so I have to imagine they have some tracking information maybe from the car? She said it takes 1 week from Ca to Fl so probably sometime next week. We will see, in the meantime I have no car, if they deliver before Wed they have met their obligation.:rolleyes:

Could I please just get my order in now?

I finalized my order on April 2nd, then emailed them so that I wont have to wait 2 weeks for the order to be submitted, which was going to be 15th. The agent said it was submitted and I am looking at mid may delivery. Anyway on 15th I saw my status "building your model s" and then on 17th the status was back to 'reserved' with no order button. I called and they told me that my order was put on hold as they saw an old email which asked to put my order on hold and they missed the later emails that said to ignore those emails and process the order.

Anyways I can understand that 2 different agent were dealing with my 2 emails and things got messed up. I still think before they make any changes to the account, specially when they know they are behind on emails then they should call and confirm before they take any action.

Any ways after calling they said we will rush your order so that I don't have to wait the 2 weeks for automatic submission and they submitted the order again and said i am looking at first week of June. Checked every day and the status on mytesla said 'reserved' I called them after a couple of days and was told not to worry as the system may not be in sync.

View attachment 20753

I called again yesterday 24th and was told that there was a glitch in the system and they will put the order in again. I checked today and still the status says 'reserved'. I called today and they said that there is a glitch with my account and will push the order and also make sure with logistics that they have received the order and will get back to me tomorrow. I hope there is some good news tomorrow but guess what the status is still 'reserved'.

April 2 and now its April 25, and don't even know if my order is in or not.

Just looked online again and now it shows the below, I guess they are fixing the glitch..
View attachment 20759

Last edited:
I finalized my order on April 2nd, then emailed them so that I wont have to wait 2 weeks for the order to be submitted, which was going to be 15th. The agent said it was submitted and I am looking at mid may delivery. Anyway on 15th I saw my status "building your model s" and then on 17th the status was back to 'reserved' with no order button. I called and they told me that my order was put on hold as they saw an old email which asked to put my order on hold and they missed the later emails that said to ignore those emails and process the order.

Anyways I can understand that 2 different agent were dealing with my 2 emails and things got messed up. I still think before they make any changes to the account, specially when they know they are behind on emails then they should call and confirm before they take any action.

Any ways after calling they said we will rush your order so that I don't have to wait the 2 weeks for automatic submission and they submitted the order again and said i am looking at first week of June. Checked every day and the status on mytesla said 'reserved' I called them after a couple of days and was told not to worry as the system may not be in sync.

View attachment 20753

I called again yesterday 24th and was told that there was a glitch in the system and they will put the order in again. I checked today and still the status says 'reserved'. I called today and they said that there is a glitch with my account and will push the order and also make sure with logistics that they have received the order and will get back to me tomorrow. I hope there is some good news tomorrow but guess what the status is still 'reserved'.

April 2 and now its April 25, and don't even know if my order is in or not.

Just looked online again and now it shows the below, I guess they are fixing the glitch..
View attachment 20759
this is one of those rare situations in time where a person will withstand abuse and incompetence to get the product. When I think about it the product better be beyond outstanding, because who wants to spend $75-110k for something and have to wait over a year to just get a taste, then another 6-9 months of nonsense to get the product. Cant think of anything else like this.