Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news, they fixed the glitch and the order got into the system on April 10 and I am looking at end of may/first week of June. My status is now back to 'factory is building....'

I finalized my order on April 2nd, then emailed them so that I wont have to wait 2 weeks for the order to be submitted, which was going to be 15th. The agent said it was submitted and I am looking at mid may delivery. Anyway on 15th I saw my status "building your model s" and then on 17th the status was back to 'reserved' with no order button. I called and they told me that my order was put on hold as they saw an old email which asked to put my order on hold and they missed the later emails that said to ignore those emails and process the order.

Anyways I can understand that 2 different agent were dealing with my 2 emails and things got messed up. I still think before they make any changes to the account, specially when they know they are behind on emails then they should call and confirm before they take any action.

Any ways after calling they said we will rush your order so that I don't have to wait the 2 weeks for automatic submission and they submitted the order again and said i am looking at first week of June. Checked every day and the status on mytesla said 'reserved' I called them after a couple of days and was told not to worry as the system may not be in sync.

View attachment 20753

I called again yesterday 24th and was told that there was a glitch in the system and they will put the order in again. I checked today and still the status says 'reserved'. I called today and they said that there is a glitch with my account and will push the order and also make sure with logistics that they have received the order and will get back to me tomorrow. I hope there is some good news tomorrow but guess what the status is still 'reserved'.

April 2 and now its April 25, and don't even know if my order is in or not.

Just looked online again and now it shows the below, I guess they are fixing the glitch..
View attachment 20759

Got my VIN yesterday. Very nice feeling when the App comes alive!

I think we bloggers are our own worst problem. Last time I custom ordered a car, a BMW540, I waited about five months until delivery. After placing my $500 deposit, I was provided with a very rough delivery estimate. BMW had absolutely no communication with me until the car arrived in CA and I didn't really expect any.

Later, when I ordered my (non-custom) BMW Active E, the car was delayed months from the initial expectation. Once I was selected to receive the car, I didn't know for sure when it would arrive either. One day it just showed up.

My experience with Tesla so far has been just fine. I would have liked for a bit more communication, maybe some additional automated e-mails would have been nice.

At 1:09am EST this morning I got my email asking for copy of my DL and insrance, and payment info! Things seem to be moving along now!

The last week will go by fast!!! I almost freaked trying to plan the pickup of the S and the selling of the old car.

1 week of ownership and I have roughly 500 miles on the car. My first road trip will be this wednesday, where I will make an attempt to drive to Palm Springs (roughly 120 miles). The house rental will probably only have 110v (rental people dont know what the house has), but Ive planned a stopping point for a late lunch and they have a 14-50 connection. Hopefully that will be enough, and with the 110v charging overnight, give me enough juice to get back home on Sunday. Results to follow.

The last week will go by fast!!! I almost freaked trying to plan the pickup of the S and the selling of the old car.

1 week of ownership and I have roughly 500 miles on the car. My first road trip will be this wednesday, where I will make an attempt to drive to Palm Springs (roughly 120 miles). The house rental will probably only have 110v (rental people dont know what the house has), but Ive planned a stopping point for a late lunch and they have a 14-50 connection. Hopefully that will be enough, and with the 110v charging overnight, give me enough juice to get back home on Sunday. Results to follow.

Anxious to hear how it goes for you. We hit Palm Springs a few times a year and would like to compare notes.

Thanks! At least I don't have the added stress of selling my current car ( keeping it). I am very interested to hear about your experience as I am planning a trip of roughly the same distance and there are pretty much no public charging options along the way. I will likely need to find an RV park where I can charge for a couple of hours. My drive will be mostly highway and I will not keep my speed down just for range!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! I'm still waiting on a vin. Seems like I will be on the back end of the 5/8 to 5/22 delivery window.
Wow, I would have thought you'd have gotten it by now. It'll be interesting to see what it is when you do!

I will likely need to find an RV park where I can charge for a couple of hours. My drive will be mostly highway and I will not keep my speed down just for range!

Something to keep in mind (a constant internal argument on road trips) -- do the math. You will find that the 30 minutes you saved on the freeway by increased speed will translate to >30 minutes to replace what you lost. In other words, if driving 55 means you pull in at the RV park with 70 miles left on the pack (vs. a much lower number from driving faster), you will spend less time refilling the pack than you saved by driving faster.

On the other hand, sometimes you just don't care :) and the speed is worth it. On road trips, I usually save that driving for the last leg, when I know I have enough to reach the hotel or wherever I'm stopping for the night. Then I really don't care that it takes longer, because I'm sleeping.

I got my VIN before jomo25 did, and got a window earlier than him. He got his car delivered 2 days before me. So don't worry too much about the window just yet.

Not worried at all. It will get here when it gets here, I've been told it should be ready in about two weeks. I'm merely adding the info so that people know that there really isn't much consistency on when things happen. That way they can set their expectations with that in mind.

Something to keep in mind (a constant internal argument on road trips) -- do the math. You will find that the 30 minutes you saved on the freeway by increased speed will translate to >30 minutes to replace what you lost. In other words, if driving 55 means you pull in at the RV park with 70 miles left on the pack (vs. a much lower number from driving faster), you will spend less time refilling the pack than you saved by driving faster.

On the other hand, sometimes you just don't care :) and the speed is worth it. On road trips, I usually save that driving for the last leg, when I know I have enough to reach the hotel or wherever I'm stopping for the night. Then I really don't care that it takes longer, because I'm sleeping.
Wise advice, thanks! I just plan to make my trip shortly after taking delivery so driving 55 could very well kill me. Maybe I'll be able to find a charging option at my destination so I can charge while I sleep! Better do more research now...