Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN and confirmation that my car (P631) entered production yesterday. That's all so far. Based on what I know, and barring any manufacturing glitches, I am expecting to get delivery sometime in the second week of my delivery window (1/20-1/26).

Yes! Congrats gg_gots_a_tesla:smile: You'll be driving around in it soon.

Yeah! Thanks, Dave. And, DLM270.

doug, mpt or other admins need to figure out soon how they can change my handle to something like that or "gg_has_a_tesla" without making me create a new account and lose my quest to catch up with vfx and TEG! :)

Also, I may be one of the few TMC-ers who can chime in on 60 vs 85 vs 85 Perf having driven the latter two already. Looking forward to it!

Well, my wife and I have sort of insane schedules so currently we are slated for the 26th as that was the next day we both seemed to have off, and I'm not sure if that date will stick or not with our constant schedule changes and such but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I sure hope we won't have to wait longer than that. Would be great to run into someone else from this forum on the tour!

As an aside, I asked about the golf cart for the tour since I have a 3 year old that likely would not last if he had to walk it and they said they cannot always guarantee the cart and they wouldn't recommend it for a kid that young so I think we will take our 6 year old and leave the younger one with his grandparents while we get the car.

What's going to be tough is not driving it after I bring it home for a few days while I apply layers of paint sealant that take overnight to dry... :(

Of course, that is very much a 1st world problem if I have ever heard of one and after 3 1/2 years a couple of days to make sure it looks as good in 8 years will be worth it.

Guess I should make sure all my financing is in order now. Woohoo!

I should hope you will get a call today as well Hans since your reservation # is earlier than mine. FWIW they called my home phone # so if you are at work you may want to check on your home messages if you have that kind of setup.

Some other things that may be of interest:

My rear facing jump seats will still be a due bill item as far as they know because they are going to install them in the order the cars were previously delivered first as supply is still limited even though installations are beginning now.

My HPWC is in the same boat with the same deal.

Apparently those will be the only due bill items for my build.

I enquired about whether the Tesla factory could install the Skene front license bracket instead of the OEM one and was told that they will only do the one Tesla supplies.

Cheers.

So that 6 days after the beginning of your window, correct?

Correct. My delivery window was 15th-30th of January so if I had picked up on the 21st it would have been 6 days into my window.

As it is with our schedules, I will pick up 11 days into my window.

@hans: I considered the stroller option but if he decides to throw a tantrum I figured it wasn't worth the distraction and I didn't want to inflict the others on the tour with that (he's a bit stubborn... wonder where that came from ;) ). Your 3 year old may be much more reliably well behaved than mine. When he's good he's very, very good, but when he's bad he's awful... or something to that effect is how I think the old saying goes and he resembles that comment at this stage of the game.

Cheers.