Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
StephRob..
I disavow any knowledge of previous activity here :redface: but it is a well known FACT that back in the previous century (70's-80's) favorite racing location in southern Sonoma county rodders and Marin county victims was Nicasio dam.

Last edited:
How did you go about getting your vin? What's your delivery window? I'm 2/21-3/7 and can't wait!!
Tesla will give you a vin if you wait, likely earlier if you call or email them. The problem is vin won't be assigned until car enters production so it's hard to know when to start calling. I suggest watching the forums to see when others with cars similarly configured to yours with about the same reservation number start getting theirs.

How did you go about getting your vin? What's your delivery window? I'm 2/21-3/7 and can't wait!!

You should definitely call. I never got any information until I called.

Jan 21: I called and they gave me a delivery window of 2/16-3/2
Jan 24: I called and they said I didn't have a VIN yet.
Jan 31: I called and they gave me a VIN and a DS; they said the car was in "early production and would be ready in 7-10 days"

1 hour after that call I get an email from my DS saying that my car is ready! The earliest they would let me do factory pickup was a week from that date. So I'll be picking up my car at the factory a week ahead of my delivery window.

@MTGMAN: Given our configurations, VIN's and reservation numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if your car is already built and awaiting transport.

This thread has a picture from Tejon from a 60: Supercharger - Tejon Ranch - Page 3

Looks like he's showing ~70kW at the picture even at around 40% full battery.

I saw about 70kW max when I charged at Hawthorne. 220A/320V, 71 miles of range. (I'm not sure if that's rated or ideal range. The bar looks like it might be around 40%.)

BTW, the Hawthorne supercharger kind of sucks. Only two working connectors, one of which was charging slowly (70mph). (I switched once the other S left, and that's when I got the numbers above.) And nothing nearby. Not even a restroom available unless a friendly Tesla employee lets you into the building.

For the record, P9964. VIN# 4924.

I was told today that the car is in "burn in" process and should be ready for factory pick-up next Tuesday (2/12).

Unfortunately, due to personal scheduling issues (worst weekend ever to be going to Tahoe!) will likely not be able to take delivery until 2/19. Going to be a long two week wait!

Clayton