Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my black/tan at the factory today. Amazing car. Plenty quick even with 60kWh battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359169231589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359169231589.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 431
Can we hear more about the performance of the 60kWh from some of you who are driving them around? Anyone driven both the 60kWh and 85kWh and performance, and can post some notes on comparison? Any more 0-60 times to publish, under different conditions?

I've just got myself pretty much convinced that I have to have the performance (like many I'm sure....) but man, the price tag! I need to finalize by 2/8 and I'm still a little on the fence if I should go all out and get the performance, or be a little more modest and get the 60kWh (or possibly 85kWh non performance...) I did drive the performance last week and it was quite a rush. the non-performances seem to be extremely hard to come by for such opportunities...

Talked with Tesla yesterday. I was told my car (6625) is built and waiting to be shipped up to Seattle. It's killing me.. I should just go down there and drive it home.

I'm in the same state, they told me last Friday it was done and waiting to be shipped, then yesterday it was still in that same state. Still waiting to hear anything from the local delivery person to schedule it.

Can we hear more about the performance of the 60kWh from some of you who are driving them around? Anyone driven both the 60kWh and 85kWh and performance, and can post some notes on comparison? Any more 0-60 times to publish, under different conditions?

I've just got myself pretty much convinced that I have to have the performance (like many I'm sure....) but man, the price tag! I need to finalize by 2/8 and I'm still a little on the fence if I should go all out and get the performance, or be a little more modest and get the 60kWh (or possibly 85kWh non performance...) I did drive the performance last week and it was quite a rush. the non-performances seem to be extremely hard to come by for such opportunities...

Unless you plan to drag race or use on a track, the 60kWh is sufficient for most public roads. You should pick based on your range requirements.

I had to drive the BMW 540 today and fill her up with gas so I can sell it. It was painful. The old beast was slow on the throttle, didn't slow down at all when I lifted my foot off the gas pedal, and had a funny smell coming out the back ;-) There is absolutely no way of going back now that I have had the Tesla experience.

After reading a lot of posts about unexpected delivery, I decided that when I got the delivery button, I would secure payment then. That way when the VIN email comes, I can sign paper work and send the money without any delays. Delivery is next week.

I'm doing the same exact thing for my delivery. Proactively got hold of my PS to get downpayment funds sent to Tesla. If all goes well , once I have a VIN Tesla just needs to make a final MVPA, i give it to my bank, and the bank make the check same day. My bank has already been prepped with the pre-MVPA so they should know what to expect.

Vexar. Sorry to say this, but be a squeaky wheel. Call Owners Experience at 877-798-3752. Ask nicely, they know they have communication problems. Tell them you need the VIN#,the final amount due, and any other info your banker wants/needs so you can get your loan approved. What surprised me is TM shipped my car before they were paid in full!!

I think I got the opposite. They were paid middle of this week. I don't know when it is shipping. I have been working on a summary of business recommendations regarding their process. It saddens me to say this, but as a start-up in Silicon Valley, they really should pay attention to things like Business Process Management. It isn't like they are running a search engine, they have a significantly more complex business model, and without process oversight, they get inconsistent customer experiences.
I shall squeak. I think if I was noisier about my VIN, I wouldn't have had that scramble. Too many years with great hotel and restaurant service, I'm not used to being pushy as a customer.

I'm still waiting for a VIN and more specific delivery date. I emailed a couple of times this past week without response, and will probably have to pick up the phone this week. Delivery window is January 28-February 11, and the plan was to take the family up to Fremont to pick it up Presidents' Day weekend and then have some fun around the Bay Area before driving home. Hopefully that plan is not in jeopardy.

I just took delivery today of my 60kWh Pearl White (#4805) from the Santa Monica delivery center. A wonderful experience, so different from a traditional dealership. Walked in, inspected the car, signed the docs, went through a nearly two-hour orientation, and drove off smiling, and emissions free! The 534 day wait was at times excruciating, but definitely worth the wait!

I just took delivery today of my 60kWh Pearl White (#4805) from the Santa Monica delivery center. A wonderful experience, so different from a traditional dealership. Walked in, inspected the car, signed the docs, went through a nearly two-hour orientation, and drove off smiling, and emissions free! The 534 day wait was at times excruciating, but definitely worth the wait!

Congratulations Lenn. I received mine today too!