Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are using a 20 mule team or wagon train to bring the cars to the east coast. My car left Freemont last Thursday and the DS called today to say it will arrive in Dania on Thursday. It is only 2500 miles, are they only allowed to travel 340 miles a day? What kind of trucking company can stay in business like that? Anyway, 6pm on Friday should be my lucky day!

I think they are using a 20 mule team or wagon train to bring the cars to the east coast. My car left Freemont last Thursday and the DS called today to say it will arrive in Dania on Thursday. It is only 2500 miles, are they only allowed to travel 340 miles a day? What kind of trucking company can stay in business like that? Anyway, 6pm on Friday should be my lucky day!
Maybe they're using EV trucks!

The DS told me today 4/29 that they loaded my red car 60 kwh on the truck and expected delivery to NY Wed. May 8. Originally they set delivery for today 4/29 then delayed it to May 2, now May 8 ! My vin is # 8988 it was built two weeks ago. They must be batching delivery to east coast every two weeks now. They must be making 10 stops along the way like Arizona, Chicago Etc.

The DS told me today 4/29 that they loaded my red car 60 kwh on the truck and expected delivery to NY Wed. May 8. Originally they set delivery for today 4/29 then delayed it to May 2, now May 8 ! My vin is # 8988 it was built two weeks ago. They must be batching delivery to east coast every two weeks now. They must be making 10 stops along the way like Arizona, Chicago Etc.
I'm all for process efficiency (it's what I do), but not when it means I might have to wait a few days longer! In reality I'd be disappointed if they weren't maximizing the delivery process like that.

The weekend and Monday are gonna drag on forever...I am completely ready...floormats? Check. 14-50 outlet installed? Check. Not selling my existing car so...check. Cool emblem inserts for the wheel caps? Check. I can't think of anything else I need to do except wait!

True but then you have the weekend to enjoy the first few days! I am picking mine up at the SC at 9am Tues then driving back to my office...it will be torture knowing it's right in the parking lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Btryfkyl8e and mlemke - I am so jealous! My car should be finished any day. Congrats to you both and keep us posted on delivery, first experiences, etc.
I bet yours is just a day or two behind mine!

I hope there is a blue one on the truck, and the driver is in his way to FL after my drop off. And enjoy the anticipation El Guapo...if you are anything like me (and you probably are since we are on this site) you have not felt this way since you were 10 years old waiting for Christmas Day.

I hope there is a blue one on the truck, and the driver is in his way to FL after my drop off. And enjoy the anticipation El Guapo...if you are anything like me (and you probably are since we are on this site) you have not felt this way since you were 10 years old waiting for Christmas Day.
You'll have to ask the driver! What color will you be driving Friday? I can't remember...

Part 1: a drive to Palm Springs

so i did a range charge on the car and started off with 211 rated miles. The drive out to PS wasnt bad. Tried to use cruise control most of the way but the damn ICE cars got in my way. Was cruising at 65-69 mph. There was a brush fire, but luckily it didnt impact the freeway. Arrived at the Ace Hotel 2 hours later (minus 105 miles). I chose to stop at the Ace hotel because they have 2 40A plugs. So I had a late lunch at their restaurant while my car charged. I had issues with their plug as the car kept dropping down to 16A. Got the car up to 130 rated miles. Plugged in at the house rental into a 110v plug and got up to 140 rated miles before heading out to dinner. My friends decided they wanted to go to the ace Hotel for dinner, so this was another opportunity to charge (back to 177 rated miles). I should be good for the weekend for driving and will probably end up at the Ace Hotel again to range charge before heading home.

so i did a range charge on the car and started off with 211 rated miles. The drive out to PS wasnt bad. Tried to use cruise control most of the way but the damn ICE cars got in my way. Was cruising at 65-69 mph. There was a brush fire, but luckily it didnt impact the freeway. Arrived at the Ace Hotel 2 hours later (minus 105 miles). I chose to stop at the Ace hotel because they have 2 40A plugs. So I had a late lunch at their restaurant while my car charged. I had issues with their plug as the car kept dropping down to 16A. Got the car up to 130 rated miles. Plugged in at the house rental into a 110v plug and got up to 140 rated miles before heading out to dinner. My friends decided they wanted to go to the ace Hotel for dinner, so this was another opportunity to charge (back to 177 rated miles). I should be good for the weekend for driving and will probably end up at the Ace Hotel again to range charge before heading home.

Sounds highly do-able. Not just to check around and find a hotel that meets family and EV needs. Thanks, Apoc.

Cool, you should add your experiences with charging opportunities on Plugshare/Recargo. Always nice to have a fresh comment on charging locations.